• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I know this is sudden but...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner
4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Hey Mike is your camera froze up? Where's the snow pic My friend?

Will this do? I'm up in McCall getting my dressings changed on my back. I fired up the security camera and did a screenshot for you. Ive got 2-3 inches roughly.

Screenshot_20240109_150110_Amcrest Cloud.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

Thank you Mike, I hope all goes well.

We had a big wind last night... at least that's what my younger neighbors think. I've seen when 15 trees fell across our road in 96 with 100 mile an hour gusts. That was a major wind storm back then. This time just some branches fell but, mostly the size used to make Christmas wreaths.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Better get prepared Mike, the big one is coming starting tomorrow night snow is starting with sub zero temps. Supposed to go on all next week. I hope you have plenty of firewood, coffee and things to eat. After this event your going to want to march in favor of global warming downtown Portland, Oregon. :sofa:

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
On 1/11/2024 at 6:31 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

We will see. I'm not worried.

I've never seen you worried much Mike.

At least my area may get some interesting weather. Going to start tonight with some snow and possible ice storm.

• Owner

Dropped another 4 inches last night got up this morning at 5am for a bag draining house was black. Inverter batteries ran out and died at 24.0 Volts. At about 7:30am I wheeled my 6500w generator out used jumper cables to start the generator and plug in the house. I've got internet and cell phones again even though the entire valley is dead. Again I'm not worried I've got back up plans. As for the power outage it's my neighbor again one of his trees broke off and fell into the lines. As I sit here enjoy a hot cup of coffee while everyone else is still waiting for power.

Power is still out and went out at about 3:30am.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Staff

Finally got a short set of steps railing done for a couple in their mid eighties. I was afraid to let them go without it much longer esp. since the ice and snow is coming our way. I was having a hard time the last hour or so as the temps are dropping a lot.

• Staff

Woke up at around 5 am and was 14 degrees F here. 1 1/2 inches of sleet. Wind calm. Weird to walk on that sleet though, it's like little ball bearings that squish out.

• Staff
3 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Those are peas you were walking on.

Yep, feels just like frozen peas. It's real nice to walk on but have to be careful carrying firewood since it is slippery!

Mike we are hoping all goes well for you. Your going to the doc for surgery, is that right?

• Owner

You guys are my other family. I can't just fold up and leave you all hanging. I'm committed to keeping M73M.com going. I've done 20 years if wrenching on trucks Dodge, Ford, and Chevy. I might have limitations in my life but I'm going to make it. Doctor already told me no problem on survival just going to be long road of medical to do. Today I'm not feeling great with a sore throat and just tired.