• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Want to upgrade ...in stages

I'm only trying to get to about 330-350 and so far i have removed the muffler and resonator. That is as far as I have gone. I am going to put a bhaf on tomorrow. I have been following alot of threads on this site and have added my first quart of 2s to my fuel today, which from what I have read will help a little with pump and with hp. I am pretty sure that i am going to go with a programmer/controller next as it offers all the gauges i would be looking for as well as moderate performance upgrades.

I'm only trying to get to about 330-350 and so far i have removed the muffler and resonator. That is as far as I have gone. I am going to put a bhaf on tomorrow. I have been following alot of threads on this site and have added my first quart of 2s to my fuel today, which from what I have read will help a little with pump and with hp. I am pretty sure that i am going to go with a programmer/controller next as it offers all the gauges i would be looking for as well as moderate performance upgrades.

Then just follow ISX original list

[*]Monitoring Devices (EGT, Boost, tranny temp etc.)

[*]More Flow/Air (BHAF, Straight Pipe)

[*]Build Up the Powertrain (Better Clutch/Built Auto) :smart: VERY IMPORTANT BEFORE STEP 4+5

[*]Add Fuel (Programmers,chips, etc)

[*]Add HX or bigger turbo if going an further than 350hp

Make sure you read Michael's sticky on vp44 min fuel pressure. The first gauge to add is the FP. Get rid of the restictions in the fuel sys. That's the biggest killer. Save your money for a Fass or an Air Dog type of unit. That's what I'm doing. The way I'm going, I'll be 80 before I get all the weak spots taken care of. So I just drive it like I want it to last a million miles. Eventually, I'll need another VP44 & another TC but I don't want to break the bank before I need too. Savin' for an Air Dog Raptor, gettin' close I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :-) Makes good cents to me because I want to run my own BioD.Also, a bypass filter like the Frantz. I bought a used one on Ebay & went to the wefilterit site to get all the parts I needed for the install. Deb worked with me, she was great!Happy CTD,Dave

"Bought my 01 with 56k in the ticker, Got the bombing bug and started tweaking. I found the the stock tranny would hold 419HP fairly well w/o toeing! Yes I could slip the stock Torque convertor at any time if I stomped on it but the stock tranny held for daily driving." This is from another thread and the confusion sets in once again. I would be happy at 350 hp which would be a 120 more than what I understand stock to be. If the stock tranny in the 01 is the same as the 99 it should hold up, yes? and I also see people lauding the holley blue fuel pump. Sounds good to me. I could replace the holley 3 or 4 times before I spent what the fass:spend: or raptor:spend: cost. Are they that much better or just the same in a shiny box?:banghead: Look I am not trying to spend a ton of money to make 100 hp and there seems to be an opinion per hp what's the skinny? as far as i have read rebuilding the trans for the gains i'm looking for isn't nessacary and $500 for a tq and vb seems like money wasted, i already have two boats and three kids so i already have tons of places to throw money away. I understand the lift pump and think that you can't really go wrong for $70.00. so am i just full of @#%& or what?

• Owner

Problem with Holley Blue and Black neither pump is designed for diesel fuel (from Holley's mouth). Then the other problem is that the pump has the same weak points as the stock carter lift pumps. So if you don't mine buying a Holley pump with 30 day warranty that you'll change about once a year... After going throught the lift pump battle myself and trying to find something that last more that 1 years I found AirDog... Since then mine have been running flawless for 4 years now. AirDog, Raptor, And Full FASS come with a lifetime warranty so if the pump should fail just replace it under warranty... post-2-13869817227_thumb.jpg At $200 a piece at the time and replacing them every 15K to 20K miles in just 2 years I spent $600 bucks on a fuel pumps. Then add the $125 for the big line kit... Now I'm wishing I would of just listen a long time ago and just bought a AirDog the first time and saved all the money...:rolleyes:

Pay now or pay later so to speak. so, I will purchase The FASS 95/95-1008 has been renamed the T D08 095G.

I can't find the pressure info on this pump setup anyone know what pressure is? I am also going with Edge Products 33000 - Edge Attitude. Now will i be able to up my hp from stock (230) to 330 -350 safely without trans upgrades?:pray:

I am planning to puchase FASS T D08 095G next week. I have been talking to some friends with ctds and they have said there are issues with these systems at warm start up.:shrug: anybody know anything about this occurence first hand?

I would go a little different route if 330hp will make you happy, it makes me happy. I'm running this power as well. I would go: 1) raptor lift pump for 375$ with big line kit 35$, the stock filter is better, larger and can hadle more volume than the airdog and fass filters (marketing gimick) the pump it good.2) Shift kit and some day a little better TC, you really should get line prssures up some to make the clutche packs last. Or use disapline and discresion at lower rpms.3) edge juice or addrenaline with attitude for fueling and gauges, seen them for as low as 559$, don't tap the pump, since that may cost another 1100$ for a new VP. You will need a J hook or = and set boost at 30psi.3) Install rv275 injector for 330$4) Keep your 3" exhaust and stock air filter housing, The stock filter housing is better or as good as any Cold air intake (make that hot air intakes) when making under 500hp. Turbo Diesel Register has tested 7 differant CAI and came to that conclusion. Larger exhaust will only help EGT's a small amount at 330hp and gives a little faster spoolup but thats not a big problem for a hy35 turbo. This setup will give you 3 to 4mpg better results and will not exceed 1250egts even towing on mountain passes on a hot day. Very good towing setup.:thumbup2:

I am planning to puchase FASS T D08 095G next week. I have been talking to some friends with ctds and they have said there are issues with these systems at warm start up.:shrug: anybody know anything about this occurence first hand?

Did you order it yet? I have a 150/150 fass no problems.Quiet too.If other guys are having problems i would think about it.

i would go with an airdog or fass unit with a big line kit next before you go with a programmer between one of those and the 2 cycle that will keep the vp happy!!! and i dont know much about the factory fuel filter but from what i have been told it is a 10 micron filter and the airdog filters that i have are 2 micron which is way better filtration.

well like i said i am running an airdog 100 and an edge juice and im very happy with both... the edge is pretty cool it monitors just about everything you could want and has plenty of safeties that as Mike said if set correctly are both an asset and insurance. so good luck and enjoy

i would go with an airdog or fass unit with a big line kit next before you go with a programmer between one of those and the 2 cycle that will keep the vp happy!!! and i dont know much about the factory fuel filter but from what i have been told it is a 10 micron filter and the airdog filters that i have are 2 micron which is way better filtration.

The Airdog filter is a passive 3 micron filter with a rated flow of around 30gpm. The factory filters were a 10 micron absolute but since the CR engines came out they droped the filter rating to 7 microns absolute, and I believe Baldwin and Fleetgaurd have filters that are 5 micron absolute. The difference between passive and absolute filters can be huge especially when you are pushing 5 times its rated flow through them. A passive filter is like a K+N airfilter, some places will catch a small particle but in other places it will let a bird through. If you cut open a Airdog filter you will be surprised at how small it is compared to the factory filter. Up until a year ago Airdogs came with a 130 micron screen that they called thier water seperator, it was rated at 50gpm and could catch somthing like 5% of the the water. At 100 or 150 gpm it is useless. In the last year they started using a better filter but is also rated much to low and is still only half as good as the stock filter for water seperation. I bought the Airdog 100 and thought I had got a good system until I started looking into the filters a little deeper. I don't know if you read the waver Airdog makes you agree to in order to get thier Lifetime warrenty. It basically says you are giving up any right to sue them if thier system hurts your truck. Hmmm makes you think. But on the good side the pumps seems very strong and well built.

• 5 months later...

Been gone for awhile and didn't replace my lift pump soon enough. The vp finally bit the dust. I'm expecting a new one tuesday. installed a raptor a couple of months ago. I have the upgrade bug again. I'm trying to to decide between a Quadzilla Adrenaline Pulse V2 and the edge juice with attitude. anyone like one over the other. They seem to have very similar attributes. any advice?:2cents:

Been gone for awhile and didn't replace my lift pump soon enough. The vp finally bit the dust. I'm expecting a new one tuesday. installed a raptor a couple of months ago. I have the upgrade bug again. I'm trying to to decide between a Quadzilla Adrenaline Pulse V2 and the edge juice with attitude. anyone like one over the other. They seem to have very similar attributes. any advice?:2cents:

I've had both.

Personally I would go with EDGE unless an extra +30HP or going to 4k is for you.

Custom tuning is ok ...... but you don't really play with it that much ...... :thumb1:

QUAD is cheaper tho.

Yeah cost is a huge issue 3 to 400 dollars is a big deal and i really don't want to take huge swings at horse power and torque. I would like to see 100 hp and maybe 230 torque gains but i am also really interested in mpg. I can get the quad for 615 and the edge is 929.

Yeah cost is a huge issue 3 to 400 dollars is a big deal and i really don't want to take huge swings at horse power and torque. I would like to see 100 hp and maybe 230 torque gains but i am also really interested in mpg. I can get the quad for 615 and the edge is 929.

Youll see 100 out of each. CumminsPerformanceParts has them for around $600 shipped. (QUAD) else check out the used forums - can get them for $350-$450 all day long depending if its POD/V1 or V2. If you have an iphone - check out the IQUAD. :thumb1: