• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

911 Support Group   06/22/2017

Hey Gang, I've got the 911 support group database back up and running once again. It's listed in the 911 support category. It will allow members to list their contact information and location so other have a listed of members to call upon in the time of need. So if you wish to support other member please stop by and add your listing into the database. https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/contacts/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

white01

best fuel filter

white01    0
white01

well we have a list of the best oil filters from AH64ID...so i am interested in who has the best fuel filters for the vp/24 valve trrucks...if possible the % and the micron would be sweet!!:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

Dave3500    24
Dave3500

Are we talking stock filter for the vp44? Most guys here prolly run an Air Dog or a Fass FP & filters. At least a $500 setup!

Dave

--- Update to the previous post...

Oh, I just run a Fleetguard, best price I found was from Geno's.

Mopar1973Man    3,650
Mopar1973Man

I'm running both the stock Fleetguard and the AirDog 150 with fleetguard 3 micron... Lets say tthe stock filter is still white for the most part and closing in at 50K miles... But I've changed the AD filter twice in 50K miles...

white01    0
white01

sorry..need to clearify...i am using the stock fuel filter housing....so who has the best for eff and micron?

white01    0
white01

Baldwin PF7977 from a 3rd gen.

thank you again.:thumbup2:

Dave3500    24
Dave3500

Baldwin PF7977 from a 3rd gen.

Will that fit in my stock 98.5 filter housing? Not familiar, sorry!

white01    0
white01

so it will fit my '01 and the micron rating will be...

can't see the sheet that you made up.:cry:

Heavyd1980    1
Heavyd1980

so what are the best fuel filters to run on the AD and FASS??? Im due for some fuel filters pretty soon so trying to find the best so I can get them ordered. Thanks.

AH64ID    623
AH64ID

AD is BF1275/Donaldson P551315 or Baldwin BF7634FASS Platinum: P553203FASS 95 (Titanium) BF1275/P553203 You will need the adapter from FASS if you don't have itFASS 150 (HD) BF1212 or FS1000/HF6604

• Like 1

Heavyd1980    1
Heavyd1980

ok thank you AH, so now what about the water seperator? And what is the micron rating on these filters and the best place to order them from? Thank you sir

AH64ID    623
AH64ID

The BF1275 is the f/w sep, as is the BF1212 or FS1000. The P553203 is the final and f/w sep for the platinum.

• Like 1

Heavyd1980    1
Heavyd1980

thank AH!!!:thumb1: so where's the best place to buy these from?

Heavyd1980    1
Heavyd1980

OK guys looking for some confirmation on this f/W for my AD100. I am running the WS100 on it now and I believe that the Donaldson P550550 will cross over can you verify this for me. Thanks also AH would this be a viable substitute to the Baldwin unit?

AH64ID    623
AH64ID

The P550550 is a cross for the BF1275 and may work, but I haven't seen the specs on it.

jshmohr    0
jshmohr

how do you get 50k on a fuel filter here in the great state of minnesota and our bio diesel it is more like 5k miles on fuel filters:lol: not quite that bad but i manage a NAPA and we sell about as many fuel filters as we do oil filters i know alot of common rail guys that carry a extra in the truck. As for what kind of filter dont count out the NAPA Gold line they are great filters made by wix. most of you guys can find a NAPA easier. the NAPA #s that end in XE (extended efficincy) are great the new 6.7 filter is even a fleetgard filter.

AH64ID    623
AH64ID

how do you get 50k on a fuel filter here in the great state of minnesota and our bio diesel it is more like 5k miles on fuel filters:lol: not quite that bad but i manage a NAPA and we sell about as many fuel filters as we do oil filters i know alot of common rail guys that carry a extra in the truck. As for what kind of filter dont count out the NAPA Gold line they are great filters made by wix. most of you guys can find a NAPA easier. the NAPA #s that end in XE (extended efficincy) are great the new 6.7 filter is even a fleetgard filter.

Wix made fuel filters are not that great. They don't even offer a filter for the 5.9 commonrail that meets OE specs. Any diesel owner should carry a spare filter, you can get bad fuel in any year vehicle. The only real way to extend filter life is with a fuel psi gauge. With good fuel they can go a long time, but one bad tank and they are done.

jshmohr    0
jshmohr

Napa does to offer a filter the # is 3585xe it is a 7 micron filter but you have to have the xe on the end

also as far a longevity of fuel filters here in minnesota we have bio and it does not mix well with cold weather. I swear at our NAPA we sell a ton of fuel filters our fuel is horable it has no self life and gells often. I have hade guy bring in filters with no hours black and mold growing on them it is great for our buisness

AH64ID    623
AH64ID

Napa does to offer a filter the # is 3585xe it is a 7 micron filter but you have to have the xe on the end

Per the spec's on the wix website the 33585XE is an 8um absolute filter. The OE requires 7um at 98.7%. There is a big difference in nominal and absolute. Wix Data http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/PartDetail.asp?Part=33585XE OE TSB http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2006/14-007-06.htm Bio does gel a lot easier. I had fully treated B20 that gelled on me twice, and the 2nd time it had a full dose of Amsoil Diesel Recovery in it. The reason bio cloggs filters is it acts as a solvent and will clean out your tank.

jshmohr    0
jshmohr

go to http://napafilters.com it will tell you 7 micron I know fleetgaurd is a good filter but they are not always available most guys the closest place for me to get a oem filter is a day out shipped or a 30 min to hour drive so if I am having a problem therer is usally a auto parts store ie (NAPA) real close