• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3rd gauge for pod? water temp or oil pressure?

The water temp is accurate, I have the stock gauge and a mechanical one. The oil pressure is the thing that is an idiot, always showing 40 when it varies a lot if you hook up a real gauge. Fuel pressure is an idea though not really a 12V concern, but definitely neat to watch and find when the overflow valve/fuel pump/clogged fuel filter conditions are occurring. The redneck way to notice is just by feel, mine will even cease to smoke if any of those 3 things go bad. Right now I have EGT, indoor (in vent)/outdoor (zip tied to air filter for actual intake temp so I can see it compared to actual ambient), boost, water temp. Water temp is identical to the one on the dash so skip that one.

• 2 months later...