• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What's up with my AirDog

Your going to think I am crazy, but what would make your fuel pressure go up when you hit your brakes. Pressure runs steady 17psi hit the brakes and it goes up to 18.50 almost 19.:shrug:It has done this since I replaced my airdog 100 with the 150.

Full tank, half tank, or empty tank?????? If it happens more as your fuel gets lower, it could be something along the lines of that your draw straw/pickup tube is too short or is moving around in the tank.Your gauge could be going out. When you slow down/hit the brakes, does the gauge needle fall in the direction of the front of the truck???Could be a bad ground like said above that is affecting the pump itself.......or if electrical gauge it could be affecting the sender.

:shrug:It does itfull, empty it dont matter. It is a manual gauge. I been thinking about it and I wonder if a air bubble in the line would cause this? The line is coming off the pump and it is running along the side of the frame rail, if it had a bubble along the frame and when you apply the brakes gravity would push forward?

• Staff

Does it happen everytime you hit the brakes, like stopped? Or does it happen as you decelerate? My pressure goes up as I decelerate, the harder I brake the higher the pressure. I run about 8-9 normally, and can get 11-12 if I stop quite quick. If its that then its normal.

its the brake lights sucking up all the electricity:lmao:but seriously, when my airdog wasn't moving much fuel, it was cause it had trouble getting power(corroded battery terminals). could you(would you wanna) wire a volt/amp gauge at the pump so you could tell if it was a power issue.