• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

you have a lift? If not, you'll need it, as they're slightly taller than a 315-75/16, or a 35" tire..

Is the 315 too wide for what you want? Other things to consider about that odd size is:

[*]Cost of replacement

[*]Ease of locating replacements

[*]sidewall deflection with a tall, narrow tire

Just food for thought.

Interco does have a 34x9-16 Narrow S.S... They're a 6 ply, so roughly a Load C.. Which is really too light for the cummins 25/3500..

They also have a 34x10.50 16 LTB that's 8ply 3200lb tire, which gets a lot of praise.

I went with 255/85/r16 seemed like a happy medium to me, its taller and wider then the 235/85r16 but still keeps the mileage under control. one of these days I will have to actually calculate it but I know i am saving some $$ given how often i fill up.

Posted Image

I went with 255/85/r16 seemed like a happy medium to me, its taller and wider then the 235/85r16 but still keeps the mileage under control. one of these days I will have to actually calculate it but I know i am saving some $$ given how often i fill up.

Can you tow heavy with the 255/85/16 ..... or the 235/85/16 for that matter ?

The 235/85/16 is the standard dually tire size and used to be the standard 3/4 ton SRW tire too. Most of them are E rated and fine for towing heavy.Check out individual weight ratings for each tire you're looking at though. I bought a set of 285/75/16 Yokos in load range D and they were very close to the weight rating of a standard 235 in E.I took them back though because the sidewalls were way too soft and felt like driving on ice all the time. I looked hard at the 255/85/16E before settling on a 265/75/16E. I really like the tall/skinny concept but they're just so hard to find and I didn't want to buy another spare tire and didn't want to be stranded somewhere with a blowout or two and no 255/85s in stock anywhere.

The 235/85/16 is the standard dually tire size and used to be the standard 3/4 ton SRW tire too. Most of them are E rated and fine for towing heavy. Check out individual weight ratings for each tire you're looking at though. I bought a set of 285/75/16 Yokos in load range D and they were very close to the weight rating of a standard 235 in E. I took them back though because the sidewalls were way too soft and felt like driving on ice all the time. I looked hard at the 255/85/16E before settling on a 265/75/16E. I really like the tall/skinny concept but they're just so hard to find and I didn't want to buy another spare tire and didn't want to be stranded somewhere with a blowout or two and no 255/85s in stock anywhere.

yea thats why i bought all 5 at once, replaced my perfectly good 235/85 spare tire. i had to wait 2 days for them to ship across country 3 tires.