• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What oil filter do you use?

AH64ID

What oil filter do you use?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What oil filter do you use?

• Amsoil EaO80 or Donaldson ELF7349
    • Fleetguard LF16035 (Stratapore)
    • Fleetguard LF3972 (OEM)
    • Baldwin BT7349
    • Wix 57620 (NAPA 7620)
    • Wix 57620XE (NAPA 7620XE)
    • Purolator PureOne
    • Donaldson P558615
    • Mobil 1
    • I use a bypass too!

Looks like its absolute at 35um, not worth it.

K&P Filters was really vague about data on their filter material. The only info. I could find was the ASTM F316 spec. that states filtation size from .1 -15 um. Where did you find your info. They look like a good quality filter but no way to verify the spec. it filters at that I could find, or was willing to spend the time looking for. :doh:

• 4 months later...

What do you think of this? I dont mean the price. I cant find info on it. http://www.scottsonline.com/groupitem.php?Item=2383&Groups=277

I use scott's filters in my dirtbikes, same filter since early 08 and used to use one in my old kawasaki back in 05 too. I hope they are good filters, I know they are alot better than buying new everytime you have to change oil in those things.:thumbup2:

I sent them an e-mail asking some questions,they never responded. The guy that started this thread is smart when it comes to filters. I trust him. I like the one time cost thing about it,i just dont know if i would trust it on my cummins. I am sure they work good for some applications.

• 4 weeks later...

Just switched over to the Baldwin BD7317 this last week when I did the oil change and services on the wife's truck. Oil pressure and all looks good so far. :thumb1: I'll be keeing an eye on the cleanliness of the oil as compared to the BT7349 I have been using in the past.

What is the difference in these.

It has been awhile since I looked at the specs. on the BD7317 but if I recall correctly, I believe the BD7317 is a dual flow oil filter in which a percentage of the lube oil is filtered through the secondary "bypas" media which filters the oil to 5 micron. Without getting into graphs and charts, the majority of the oil is filtered through the main media which filters at 20 micron. As the filter continues to filter a percentage of the lube oil at 5 micron, after a number of passes through the filter, the lube oil will be substantially cleaner than what a typical full flow oil filter can clean the oil to. Stated differently the filter has a 20 micron absolute filter rating with 50% of the oil being filtered through the 5 micron media. Not as good as a dedicate bypass filtration system but pretty damn good for a spin on oil filter and FAR better than a standard full flow oil filter.

You still run the 7317? how is the oil looking. I use wix now but am looking for a better filter.

Yes, still using the 7317. They last about 4,000 miles and then you can notice the oil gradually turning black. This time around, I just changed the filter and made lost oil from the filter change and will go another 4,000 miles and see how that works. On my wife's truck these filters keep the oil clean for a long time as compared to the OEM style filters. Her truck is stock and my truck dirties the oil a bit sooner.
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...