• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Great idea for a new forum. I spent 15 years working as a Master certified RV tech and service manager. Unfortunately, the industry went down the drain, in my area, when the economy took a nose dive. 10 years ago I built a cargo conversion camper (hard to believe it's been that long) with all the parts I had piled in my garage.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Mike, I never noticed those under bumper lights. I bet those would last about 15 minutes with me at the wheel :)Neat conversion ed. I would really like to build something I can put on the front few feet of my trailer with a big area over the goose, wish I knew someone with that sort of pile in their garage!

• Like 1

nice pictures, guys.. I've got a couple that I'll have to dig up.

@ed - as for your signature, I have asked myself, and my wife, that very question multiple times...

@mindless - I love that dak!

--- Update to the previous post...

all i could find quickly, was of my old Cherokee towing my little trailer, after we'd cut down this POS tree in the front yard.. The tree was ~45' tall, and 90% of it is on that trailer LOL

Piled on, strapped down. Piled more on, strapped that down, piled more one, and so on...

Posted Image

Ed,

Cute conversion! Well done.

Links to my "in-tow" pictures...

Posted Image

How fast is that scooter in the 1/4 Russ????:lmao2::lmao: Can you break the rear wheels loose and do a burnout?? It looks sturdy enough to put some real power under your butt!!!!:cool:

Ya's a bunch of comics!!

Actually that scooter is scary fast... I need Snoopy's WWI flying ace goggles! It's all electric of course powered by (2) 100AH AGM (Acid Glass Mat) batteries. It has a high (to 10 mph) / low (to 5 mph) range... I bought it very used... There's enough slop in the steering to make 10mph scary. There is enough power to take me up a steep hill with a hitch hiker standing on the rear bumper... Believe me they don't dare let go!

Posted Image

Definately not as powerful as my brother's engine! (one of)

PS See the bridge approach in the background. This one will fly up it... not like the rental which died trying... rental also tipped over dumping me good.

PS2 Bro's idea of towing something different than yer's I bet!

Some years ago, my friends had a slide-in camper (in a FORD) and a stock trailer. They were due to meet us for a weekend horse camping. They showed up late & minus her horses / trailer. The story goes that on the overpass over the railroad tracks, the stocktrailer / horses passed the truck. The trailer buckled when it crashed. They managed to get the horses out, shaken but uninjured. They walked the horses home from there. The rear bumper broke completely off the truck... the trailer was only attached to the bumper. The trailer was totalled. Truck was junked soon after.

Don't have any recent pictures of me towing anything but here is a few of the truck I used to have.

Hauling my buddies trailer when I worked for him doing siding.

Posted Image

There is a couple more on my other computer I'll get up later.

EDIT:

Hauling a decent sized generator with a huge fuel tank that was full. It didn't like to stop very well.

Posted Image

Another hooked up to my buddies trailer at a job site.

Posted Image

One of my favorites although it wasn't pulling a trailer but I did have a payload :D (The old dude leaning on the truck is NOT me btw)

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...