• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it is pretty flat around here, and not many police to worry about either. The load of tires came from Utah, there were only a few hills to go over. The pipe was just north of Twin Falls and the the Ford went to Twin Falls, so only a few small hills to climb. The Nissan came all the way from Portland OR with the diamond plate on top so that was a pretty fun adventure going through the Gorge with a large wing strapped to the car, but it made it.:)

Yeah, I know how you mountain folk like to joke! We do have some hills out here, not as big as yours, but in the summer we move the cattle up on Elk Mountain. Sometimes I have to leave the girlfriend home because she gets too nervous we I do some of the things I do. Like you, they are safe as long as you use your head and plan it out.

Jonathan, How's the QCSB pull a gooseneck? Any issues? I know you have the doved trailer tongue, so that helps, but have you pulled a square-nosed gooseneck yet? Clearance issues with the cab? Thanks!

So far I like how it pulls. I have not had any issues with clearance, the only thing that I would like is a little more power, but I am working on that. I have a Sooner goose neck stock trailer, the nose is rounded not squared and I have towed that quite a bit and it clears the cab just fine. Just took a John Deere 410 backhoe into town today and other than squatting the rear end a little there where no issues at all. I do not think that there would be any clearance issues with a squared nosed trailer as I have plenty of room between the front of the trailer and the cab, the only thing that there might be is a little less turning angle since the side of the trailer would come close to the cab before the doved trailer tongue would. Hope that this helps, Jonathan.

I've done some pulling of a square fronted stock trailer with an 05 4 door short bed. Its something to be careful of. You can pull stuff fine, but you definitely can't cut the truck all the way across the trailer. I only broke the glass once, and after that I became quite paranoid about the clearance. If I were towing a gooseneck a lot, I would probably want a long bed.

"wanting", and "affording" a long bedder are two very far apart things right now :(

I thought it was perfectly doable in the 05... I just had to be careful. My dad still has the 05 and I still haul hay and whatnot for him sometimes and its fine. I also rescued my father in laws jeep with it and our 26' flatbed, my 2000 Ram when the VP44 quit, and both those were fine on the highway, and in delivery to their respective shops. That square nosed stock trailer got modified last winter though. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...