• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Most all low fuel pressure lights like even the Cummins one doesn't trip till 3.5 PSI... Even most of the aftermarket don't trip till 5 PSI which is still too low... :duh:

Posted Image

If your going to build a low pressure setup find a Hobbs Switch that is adjust able and set it for 8-9 PSI for trip...

Posted Image

Snagged this pic from another site but the principal is the same just use a adjustable Hobbs switch and adjust it for your low point 8-9 PSI and your good.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble finding these. Where's a good source?

edit

I just found these:

-NAPA/Balkamp Adjustable Pressure Switch (NAPA) P/N: 701-1577 high pressure

-NAPA/Balkamp Adjustable Pressure Switch (NAPA) P/N: 701-1575 low pressure

31.99 or some such

I have bid on a switch on ebay. (Please don't bid against me!) Do you all use a light or buzzer for Low Fuel Pressure? As much as I don't like it, sometimes the wifee drives my truck. ("What's mine is mine & what's yours is mine also!")

I'm hoping to do the Low FP Warning for minimal cost at the same time as the gauges. I would not be bother for just me... However, I don't really know how well wife minds things on those ocassions when I can't get out of her using the truck.

• 3 weeks later...

I put in a BD low pressure warning light (like this one http://www.xtremediesel.com/bd-powerlowfuelpressurealarmlightkitred.aspx ) when I installed my Air Dog 100, and I wish I had spent the extra money on a fuel pressure guage. I've had several issues, that I might not have had if I had a Fuel pressure guage. The AirDog is kind of exposed outside of the driver's side frame rail under the truck, and when I drive in the snow or slush, sometimes the ice buildup on the connection will conduct enough electricity to ground out the hot wire and trip the light. Also, the light only comes on when it's too late to do anything about it. I had my fuel filters gell up at -20 F, and I wasn't able to see the pressure dropping like you would see on a guage. All I knew was it had too little pressure to feed my VP44. My next purchase will be a fuel pressure guage and a three guage "A Pillar pod" (and relocate my boost and EGT guages). My three cents is to go with a guage.:2cents:

• Owner

Other than not having to watch the gauge what do you really plan to gain from a light? I am sure there are 10 psi switches out there, and thats what I would get.

That is all: a light / buzzer. If I can do it for few bucks... Why not?

I'll say it nice way of getting your attention on the gauge when there is a bright LED winking in your face... :lmao2: