• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok fellas I need some help again!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead: Driving my ole truck down the road, an she started acting funny! So I started watching the gauges and everything is running ok, except the apps. The apps will be maintaining about 25% and then it will drop to 0% , and then it will pick back up an take off like nothing was ever wrong! There is no check engine light and no codes. With the engine off I can pust the pedal and it will build from 0-100 slowly or all at once! Could the tps or apps be going out on me?

i wonder if it would be your juice?mine was having an issue quite awhile back where it would start alerting me of my speed saying ridiculous speeds jumping around when i was clearly going like 30mphonce in awhile it still willalso i reset my record rpms on it and two seconds later it set a new one of 3,300 rpms when for one..i hadn't gone over 2,000 and second i never put them into the redso possibly the edge is just finicky

• Like 1

Ok I'll do a test run with the edge turned off! Apps is the only thing acting screwy! Give a few mins an I'll be right back! I'll hook up the good ole snapon solus scan tool an watch the apps on it! That way I know the edge isn't running!

--- Update to the previous post...

Ok went out for a test run! Test run 1 juice unplugged, solus plugged in watching apps! Everything normal apps working like should, no spitting, sputtering, or falling on face! Test run 2 juice plugged in on 0 setting ran fine! Test 3 juice on max setting everything fine! Guess juice was having a brain fart like me at times!!!:lmao:I guess I was stressing over nothing! Thanks for the suggestion!

cumminapart, what setting do you run your juice on?

Ok driving down the road today the apps starting acting funny again. Disconnected the edge juice and disabled it. Then continued driving and check engine light came on and gave me P0122, cleared code and it is still acting up but the check engine light hasn't came back on yet. Do I need to replace the apps?

I have a brand new apps from cummins sitting in the box in my tool box! Do I need to change it out?

Ok wish me luck again! Replaced the apps with the new one I had! Going to try it and see how it works!:hyper:

Well crap thought I had the truck fixed with the new apps! Brother used truck, called me this morning said the check engine light was back on and still having issues with dead peddle! Bare in mind that the 2 nd apps sensor was brand new and in the box! So I got online was getting ready to order a timbo's apps. I got to talking to my brother and my other 98.5 3500 had similar probs with a dead pedal, when the alternator went out! So I hauled butt to autozone and had alt checked out! It was putting out 11.6 volts! I got to looking at the alternator with the az machine still hooked up, played with the wires on back of alt, and the volts shot up to 13.8 so no bad alt! got to looking at the black connector box on alt and found the eyes were broke! I fixed connections and hooked back up to alt and now I have no dead pedal and running 13.6 volts at idle!!! Here are the before and after repair! Did I do the repair in a suitable manor or do I need to do something different? post-10918-138698177215_thumb.jpg

post-10918-138698177207_thumb.jpg

post-10918-138698177222_thumb.jpg

post-10918-138698177227_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike! Yea I have everything hooked back up like it was supposed to be! I some green wire that I spliced back in to the green wire! Didn't have any blue so I used some more green wire but I used black heat shrink to on the blue wire and green and yellow heat shrink on the green wire! Other than looking fancy, what is inside and the purpose of the black box on there?

• Owner

Thanks Mike! Yea I have everything hooked back up like it was supposed to be! I some green wire that I spliced back in to the green wire! Didn't have any blue so I used some more green wire but I used black heat shrink to on the blue wire and green and yellow heat shrink on the green wire! Other than looking fancy, what is inside and the purpose of the black box on there?

Just a nice molded plastic part to hold the terminals in place. That all I know of... :shrug:
  • Like 1