• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AirDog Filters Cross over?

I don't think I asked this here... I'm in a fog this morning... Is there a crossover to other branded filters / separators that would save any money? Thanks(If this has been asked before, MODS direct me to it & delete this thread)

I have extracted this information from a thread on CDF. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-performance-parts-discussion/276491-air-dog-filter-numbers.html

Glacier Diesel Power AirDog Filter Reference

PureFlow P/N Cross Reference P/N Manufacturer

AirDog FF100-10 FF5617 Fleetguard

AirDog FF100-5 FF5587 Fleetguard

AirDog FF100-3 FF5613 Fleetguard

AirDog WS80 FS19768 Fleetguard

AirDog WS100 LFF9594 Luber-Finer

NAPA Part # 3626 2 micron fuel filter works on the airdog!!! Thanks to CDF TONKATOY2

PRICING This can be very hard to understand. I once had to buy a replacement alternator of an OMC I/O boat. I found the part through a general marine supply house... buying from the manufacteror. Since dealer parts are "high" I thought this would be the best price. Just to keep everyone honest, I checked with the closest OMC dealer... it was about half!! So it isn't always so. I'd like to price both ways, just to see. (Hey, we all like to save a buck!)

• Like 1

• Staff

The best filters to run are not what AD supplies. They are decent, but certainly not the best available.

For the f/w sep you want to run the Baldwin BF1275 and for the final you want to run the Donaldson P551315. You need those filters, not crosses. There is more deviation in flow and ratings in these filters and their crosses than any other I have seen, so don't get any crosses.

I don't recommend Wix fuel filters for anyone, I have yet to find one that actually has the same specs as the filter it crosses to.

--- Update to the previous post...

PureFlow P/N Cross Reference P/N Manufacturer

AirDog FF100-10 FF5617 Fleetguard 10um absolute, 60GPH

AirDog FF100-5 FF5587 Fleetguard discontinued

AirDog FF100-3 FF5613 Fleetguard 5um absolute 60GPH

AirDog WS80 FS19768 Fleetguard 0% emulsified water/50% free water sep 20 GPH

AirDog WS100 LFF9594 Luber-Finer 95% free water/75% emulsified water sep 90 GPH

NAPA Part # 3626 2 micron fuel filter works on the airdog!!! 6um nominal!

I have added specs in red.

The P551315 is 3um absolute and over 100GPH (don't have the specs with me right now), but is the exact same media (just a little less) as the P551313 "2um" Cat 1R-0750 cross.

BF1275 99% free water, 96% emulsified water sep, 120 GPH.

You can see why I say use the P551315 and BF1275 only.

• Like 3

I found this "tried to use a Donaldson P551315 but the top of the filter is made different" on another forum. http://www.dieselbombers.com/air-dog/22444-airdog-filter-cross-reference-s.html Has anyone physically used the Donaldson P551315? I have found what looks like good prices on Baldwin BF 7634 (12.65 Free shipping) & BF 1275 (14.30 Free shipping) Is the BF 7634 a good filter?

• Staff

The P551315 has a slightly better rating than the BF7634. That is the first post I have read where the P551315 had fitment issues, thou I have read about several with the BF7634. I guess there are some allen screws in the AD that interfere, but there is nothing they hold on or keep out, so some folks have removed them to make the BF7634 fit.

I have genuine AD filters (UPS out for delivery as we speak) for this time. I will be buying these better filters with my next orders, going under the seat for next filter change.

--- Update to the previous post ---

I have ordered my reserve filters from drillspot.com

I got the free 3rd day shipping on the BF 1275 & BF 7634. I got 2 PF 7977 @ 12.60 each plus 6.19 3rd day shipping. After I figured in the shipping, this was the best I could find today.

These will go in the Tupperware under the seat. (I drilled a couple of opposing holes in the seat frame & put a bungie across so the stuff stays under the seat!)

Drill Spot . Com is a reseller. The Baldwin PF 7977 filters showed up today (1 day) drop shipped from Grangers. I emailed a complaint that the shipment was made "GROUND" when I PAID FOR 3 day (their only shipping choice)... basically Paid unnecessarily. Hours later the package arrived. They refunded my shipping (only because I noticed & complained). The Baldwin BF 1275 & BF 7634 are being shipped from a different location. Their site is misleading... seems clear you are paying for 3 business day shipping. Or Free 3 Business Day Shipping promo... when in fact the shipping is from Graingers closest stocking location. I'll have my stuff & a good deal... I dislike playing games. I'd order from them again, but I'd sure check my invoice & complain again about the extra shipping charges to get them refunded.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just replaced my airdog filters with a Donaldson P551315, and a Baldwin BF 1275 and my fuel pressure is a little lower now. Is this because they filter finer or they don't flow as much? Its still 18 psi at idle but drops to 15 psi at WOT. It was 18-19 at idle and didn't drop much past 17