• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What Could Be Left?

Hey I am back, and still have same problem with truck. LOL A little refresher, the rpm drop like a rock between shifts with A/C on and no problem with it off.This is what I have done I swaped turbos with my sons truck and no change, that was a lot of work for nothing :smart Then I got a ECM from a 01 and no change. It also has new cam sensor, and new apps.My thought is VP 44 right? Whats left?

Man I tell you Dave, I have tried eveything I can think of and everything Michael can think of and it is a real killer.I cant even get people to talk to me about it any more because everything they bring up has already been done. This one is for the books for sure.Hey Michael I have a vp 44 on the way, it should be here by monday I sure hope it works. Or I might have to take a road trip to see ya. LOL

Is the motor de-fueling because of the larger injectors you're running???? It could be so you don't lose your tranny. You're getting so much more fuel from those sticks and the PCM senses it and de-fuels between shifts because the AC puts even more load on the motor. Thinking outside the box.

• Owner

Man I tell you Dave, I have tried eveything I can think of and everything Michael can think of and it is a real killer.I cant even get people to talk to me about it any more because everything they bring up has already been done. This one is for the books for sure. Hey Michael I have a vp 44 on the way, it should be here by monday I sure hope it works. Or I might have to take a road trip to see ya. LOL

You might be sorry if you did that... You might actual stay here... LOL

Have you considered a bad A/C compressor? Extreme drag may cause rapid rpm drop? :confused:

Well you could check that by twisting the compressor pulley with the belt off and check the pulley bearing then twist the hub and check the compressor internals for grity or grinding feeling...

I will check on it next. I put new compressure on it about 2 years ago, I hope it not going out.Michael your right on that,the temp here in central Tx today is 106 and that is in the shade.So far we have had 45 straight days at above 100 and 60 days total.The rain fall so far is 1 1/2 inches in 3 months and 3/4 of that fell last week.Cattle ranchers around here see for the next 3 years as slim to nothing. One rancher sold all the cattle and trucks trailers and shut it down. Laid off 3 men that been with him for 15 years, people around the states will be see the efects for years to come. If you go out and buy 500 head tomorrow it will be 3 years before he will sell for profit.

• 1 year later...

I once had a vehicfle which just ate fan belts... I had the alternator rebuilt & it still did it... I got rid of it before I figured it out. I sure couldn't find any misalignment... but I wouldered if something on the belt might have excessive drag. (Could still have bad alturator bearings). Bad Waterpump bearings, PS, Serpentine belts use an idler.