• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Have to travel farther for deals...

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

This is what happens when you travel 180 miles to go shopping...

McCall, ID

Posted Image

Now Payette, ID (near Ontario, OR)

Posted Image

Like local here a 4 pin twist lock plug is $39 bucks... Head down to Ontario, OR and hit Home Depot and get the same plug for $15 bucks...

Locally a gallon of antifreeze is like $15 bucks or go down to WalMart in Ontario, OR and get it for $8 bucks a gallon.

MoparMom and I are really getting tired of the price gouging locally... :mad:

Would it be profitable to get a transfer tank of 200 or 250 gallons and holding some on the land for when needed ? Then refill when you travel to where it's cheap ? There's an old farmer with a 500 gallon tank that does it here. Actually saves him money each year.I'm sorry, no insult intended, but I'm glad I live here.

• Owner

I could but typically diesel has always been right close to the price of gasoline or just below it at times. This is the biggest jump I've seen period... :wow:Even back in 2007 when diesel here was $4.999 gasoline was right there too at 4.899... But now for diesel to go to a spread of +80 or +90 cents above gasoline that plum crazy... Not to mention I've not seen below $4.00 a gallon since Novemeber 2010...

• Staff

Mopar, Why couldn't you install another tank on your truck and run heating oil when your on gravel or dirt roads? Then switch over to the low lube overpriced EPA sh** on pavement?I firmly believe that this price gouging on diesel is a result of EPA and other eco nuts trying to control us. A lot of these eco nuts don't believe in God or guns. They want to believe we all came from some kind of fish so they can control, not God. But the Bible already says there will be no way to stop the end times, and that's including global warming and pollution. Says it right in there too.So enjoy your rigs... God knows we all have done a lot of good hauling things for everyone.

• Owner

No... That's why I did the handy work on the 1996 Dodge 1500 and now use that for my daily driver. Then I'm only paying 3.389 a gallon for gasoline. I save the diesel for the big and heavy hauling like the RV or firewooding. The little 96 Dodge only has 146K on the clock so time to use it...:thumbup2:

Can't complain...post-2-138698181589_thumb.jpgpost-2-138698181574_thumb.jpgpost-2-138698181581_thumb.jpg

Dripley, in the cookeville area there are gas prices for reg @ 2.999 4 days ago when I visited my brother. Diesel has been way more stable in Tenn then other parts of the country. If ya look at prices nationwide, it's average is slightly lower. But up in MM's area, it looks like in the Frisco area in north cal. But it pi**es me off when it doesn't cost as much to make, and they ship out of the country almost as much as they sell here. I understand heating oil and jet is from the same cut of crude, but not this price we have to pay.Also, if your working in Tenn, while your here, look into that Kroger discount at Shell. Each time you buy from Krogers, using their savings card, you start adding point to save on fuel. Last time I used it I saved 55 cents per gallon on pump price. It sucks there is a 35 gallon limit, but then I go else where to save more cash. I'm not saying Krogers is that great, as long as I can eat and save on fuel and food, I'll go there.

Dripley, in the cookeville area there are gas prices for reg @ 2.999 4 days ago when I visited my brother. Diesel has been way more stable in Tenn then other parts of the country. If ya look at prices nationwide, it's average is slightly lower. But up in MM's area, it looks like in the Frisco area in north cal. But it pi**es me off when it doesn't cost as much to make, and they ship out of the country almost as much as they sell here. I understand heating oil and jet is from the same cut of crude, but not this price we have to pay. Also, if your working in Tenn, while your here, look into that Kroger discount at Shell. Each time you buy from Krogers, using their savings card, you start adding point to save on fuel. Last time I used it I saved 55 cents per gallon on pump price. It sucks there is a 35 gallon limit, but then I go else where to save more cash. I'm not saying Krogers is that great, as long as I can eat and save on fuel and food, I'll go there.

I have the Kroger card. My wife uses the points. That is a battle i choose not to fight. She is only 4'-10" tall, but weilds a mean foot. :lmao:

• Owner

just remember you gotta stick in the other truck, dont forget how to use it.:tease:

That's the problem its missing in the 96... Every time I fire it up I'm stomping the floor looking for a clutch pedal only to find the brake. Then constantly grabing for the mystery stick that's not there. Then letting off the throttle looking for exhaust brake and it not there... Then I'm too chicken to pass anyone with the 96 it just doesn't have the balls... :rolleyes:

I have the same problem when I drive the Dakota. i believe there is a dent in the floor to the left of the brake pedal. But if you stomp it it will pass very well. That funky tranny works good on passing.Since you have a 5 speed do you ever find yourself looking for one more gear? I always did it in my 96 5speed. When i got my 6 speed i ended up looking for 7th. I still do it every once in a while.