• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

4th Gen Guys........Read This!!!!!!!

dorkweed

• Staff

Pretty common for an intact EGR system and light duty use, especially on new rigs. It's why I preach frequent oil changes on a new 6.7, but many just wait for the light, and many more ignore the light until 7500 miles. This is not a problem isolated to the 6.7, but to any of the 07+ emissions diesels. GM is the smartest thou, going to SCR and a 9th injector. If Ram were to go to 7 injectors and SCR this issue would greatly decrease. Just another reason to delete, or use it as intended.Cummins allows 5% fuel, and Dodge has gotten the algorithm fairly accurate for the oil change indicator. UOA could tell that guy a few issues, like a bad ring would have other contaminates showing up, vs not seated rings. It would also tell him if he is going over the limit, and that may help with warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

this is a very common problem with the 6.7 with the dpf. it is caused by the regen cycle that injects diesel to get the dpf burned out. when trucks are deleted no more problems. oil changes are like any other trucks after you shut down the late injection for the regen.

• 2 months later...

But for the upfront cost and the price of diesel I am not sure it is worth it. The only reason I have a diesel was for the cheaper fuel when I bought and to pull my 33ft fifthwheel. I can pull it with a HEMI 2500 just as well and have cheaper fuel again. Also I am not pulling across the beautiful country of ours yet, just local trips and a couple of 4 hour trips to the beach.

What kind of mileage does a 2500 with a Hemi get? I had a 96 V10 and the cummins gets 60% better highway milage and over 100% better milage towing.Cummins19 to 20 highway11.3 towingV1012 to 13 highway4.5 to 5 towing.I would like to think the Hemi gets better milage, but do not really know.

My dad has a hemi. His will kick into 5th unloaded. Pulling 11 k fifth wheel I barely see 5th with my cummins.Plus fuel in oil sucks but nothing is prefect. Like v8 diesel in a medium duty truck has no room for extras or to work on basics.That said my dpf and egr are missing. Or on shelf :)

What kind of mileage does a 2500 with a Hemi get? I had a 96 V10 and the cummins gets 60% better highway milage and over 100% better milage towing. Cummins 19 to 20 highway 11.3 towing V10 12 to 13 highway 4.5 to 5 towing. I would like to think the Hemi gets better milage, but do not really know.

That is the big question!!! I have read with a 8-9k fifth probably around 8-9. Unloaded I think I saw 17. But from what I read about the 6.7 I will never use it like it meant and I can't afford 2 vehicles. One for pulling couple of times of month in the summer and the other for daily driving. That is the only reason I would even think about a 2500 gasser.

That is the big question!!! I have read with a 8-9k fifth probably around 8-9. Unloaded I think I saw 17. But from what I read about the 6.7 I will never use it like it meant and I can't afford 2 vehicles. One for pulling couple of times of month in the summer and the other for daily driving. That is the only reason I would even think about a 2500 gasser.

As long as your trailer is less than 10k and you'll only pull it like you say you should be fine with a Hemi. The problem is that those trucks regularily only get 13ish unloaded and about half that pulling something. Like you have stated a 6.7L is not in my future either. If 'Ol Blue lays done I'll just keep putting her back together. Having an extended warranty for the next 6.5 years and 65,000 miles will help. :thumbup2: