• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

For my truck its 2-4 MPG difference... I just rolled in the yard from 300+ miles trip at 23.7 MPG (If I remember correctly it's late I'm tired...:sleep:)

Be interesting to see a compression test difference between mikes truck and another truck that gets 17-18 mpg .... A thought I had today

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Hey Mike after 3 fill ups in the 12 valve, this is what my offset is for gallons. It doesn't appear to be calibrated correctly. I use the same pump the same location everything. [ATTACH]4424[/ATTACH] From the Galaxy S3

It fine... My 1996 Dodge Ram is 233% offset... That's the beauty of the ScanGauge it will calibrate to any vehicle! :woot: My 2002 Dodge is 22.5%... :whistle:

ok, so a couple things:1. I'm about to give up on this SG2 in my '97 as an economy tool.. It's so inaccurate that it isn't funny.I just filled up this afternoon, and it assumed I'd used 39.7 gal, and went 734mi. Apparently there's something I'm doing wrong.. But, I didn't have this issue in the '01.2. I drove 334mi, of 300 of those were towing the enclosed trailer at approximately 3500# gross trailer weight. 29.17gallons @ 3.89/gal. (334 via odometer.. speedometer/odometer = gps up until about 40-45mph. after that, the faster you go the further the two go apart (i.e. speedo = 40, gps = 40. speedo = 55, gps = 59. speedo = 65, gps = 71-73...Tires are 265/75-16.SG2 (calibrated) seems to match gps.

• Owner

ok, so a couple things: 1. I'm about to give up on this SG2 in my '97 as an economy tool.. It's so inaccurate that it isn't funny. I just filled up this afternoon, and it assumed I'd used 39.7 gal, and went 734mi. Apparently there's something I'm doing wrong.. But, I didn't have this issue in the '01. 2. I drove 334mi, of 300 of those were towing the enclosed trailer at approximately 3500# gross trailer weight. 29.17gallons @ 3.89/gal. (334 via odometer.. speedometer/odometer = gps up until about 40-45mph. after that, the faster you go the further the two go apart (i.e. speedo = 40, gps = 40. speedo = 55, gps = 59. speedo = 65, gps = 71-73... Tires are 265/75-16. SG2 (calibrated) seems to match gps.

Speed variance is from wrong sized tires. Scan Gauge should be calibrated to the GPS not the speedo. Mine does the same thing in the 02 Dodge after 65 MPH. Speedo = 65 - GPS = 65.5 - SGII = 66 Speedo = 70 - GPS = 71.0 - SGII = 71 But there is a slight 0.5 MPH offset and the SGII is calibrated to the GPS not the speedometer.

My SG2 is calibrated to the GPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you put in actual miles traveled at each fillup? I had to do this with the ultra-gauge, hence the reason I stopped using it that way too. Its nice to keep up with actual miles traveled and when I need to change oil, rotate tires and stuff though.

I "assume" the SG2 is tracking actual mileage. Otherwise, I've got no way of knowing the actual miles traveled per tank, since the odometer is incorrect.

The SG2 seems to be pretty consistant to the GPS mph.

• Owner

Exactly... So whats the point in continuing to use it in my truck? It's like right now, it's showing avg 17.2mpg, and that's all towing. I know that it's nowhere near close to actual, and I've been trying to calibrate the SG2 for 3 or 4 tanks of fuel...

I think the problem lies in the fact there is no real way for the PCM to display true flow information in your case. Then your distances is way off from change in tires so it going to be tough to get accurate information I guess its the end of the road for the SG... :(