• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Exhaust Temps

When you are pulling a heavy load on a straight road, what are you normally running for exhaust temps. :shrug:When pulling my 5th, I am seeing 1000-1100 anytime the truck is working uphill and about 800-900 when on a steady grade. Is this normal??

When you are pulling a heavy load on a straight road, what are you normally running for exhaust temps. :shrug: When pulling my 5th, I am seeing 1000-1100 anytime the truck is working uphill and about 800-900 when on a steady grade. Is this normal??

Thats not to bad. I see 800 at 70 on level road on a cool day. Maybe you should think about a water/meth kit? I didnt see injectors in your sig are they factory?

• Owner

When you are pulling a heavy load on a straight road, what are you normally running for exhaust temps. :shrug: When pulling my 5th, I am seeing 1000-1100 anytime the truck is working uphill and about 800-900 when on a steady grade. Is this normal??

About normal... With my mods I see slightly lower temperatures. 700-900*F on flat ground and pulling 7% grade I'm about the same with 1000-1200*F. Once I hit 1,200* I will gear down and hold my RPM's at 2K in the next lower gear and re-check the EGT's