• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

new exhaust

If you are looking to save as much money as possible, all you need to get is the tail pipe and a piece of straight pipe the size you want. I used the stock down pipe, adapted to the 5" pipe, used stock hangers by welding rods to the pipe. I went with 5" because the tail pipe was free

• Like 1

I was disgusted with the OEM tailpipe rotting off... and then the rear of the muffler rusted apart. I went to Stainless Steel: 4" is bigger than the head pipe but was the first step up. I bought a turbo back kit off Ebay. The "muffler" is straight through. It sounded nice running empty. Towing on the highway, I got a drone. I install a 36" FTE spiral resonator behind the cross brace ahead of the muffler. It did break up the drone. It would have installed the resonator sooner. The system uses all the OEM hangers & is still in perfect condition.

• Like 1

If you are looking to save as much money as possible, all you need to get is the tail pipe and a piece of straight pipe the size you want. I used the stock down pipe, adapted to the 5" pipe, used stock hangers by welding rods to the pipe. I went with 5" because the tail pipe was free

This is what I am going to do, bought a 4" downpipe and tailpipe. Just need the 4 " pipe. Any idea how long I need. Its a quad cab daully. Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I am going to do, bought a 4" downpipe and tailpipe. Just need the 4 " pipe. Any idea how long I need. Its a quad cab daully. Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure how long you will need, maybe 6 feet. The place I got mine could only get 5" in 10 foot pieces.

BD Power turbo back 4 inch installed 10 years and 265,000 miles ago. Paid $400 Canadian for it and had to replace the muffler about 2 years ago mainly for a small rust hole in the bottom rear of the muffler can. Cost me $100 for the replacement.Other than that, problem free. It is a little louder than the stock stuff and gained me a slight drop in EGT's while towing heavy but been a worth while investment.Jeff