• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I don't know How The Deer know......

JAG1

• Staff

There's a major windstorm coming in tonight in the PNW, but everytime this happens, the deer are hiding down in the bottom of the canyon for protection. I've seen this everytime this happens and I don't know how they know. They don't have the weather channel :think:

• Like 1

• Staff

I'm short by about 400 ft of the 1000ft level. I go from 550 in the canyon to 650 at the top. We are in a pocket SO when it does snow, we'll get say 5-6 inches, drive out the road and it's only an inch or so around. Interesting how it does that. Have you see any accumulation lately? I know Nebraska get's some monster Blizzards... how bad have you seen it before?

:lmao::doh: any accumulation 'lately' 0.30 inch of rain 2 days ago. Maybe, MAYBE 1.5 inch total since JUNE 3. It's been the driest here since i've lived in Ne. Our area averages about 18 inches annually for moisture. Shallow rooted young trees are dead now.oh yes. Blizzards! We can't have a nice 'blanket' of pretty snow. it's always coming at me sideways...Worst one I've experienced was 4 years ago.... 30 inches snow in one storm with 60 mph winds for 3 days.

There's a major windstorm coming in tonight in the PNW, but everytime this happens, the deer are hiding down in the bottom of the canyon for protection. I've seen this everytime this happens and I don't know how they know. They don't have the weather channel :think:

They have been programmed by the Almighty. :thumbup2:
  • Like 1

• Owner

Just like the day before hunting season opens, you see lots of them. When hunting season opens, none are around. I think that the Department of Wildlife officers tell them what is happening........

:lmao2::lmao: Out here its the way the F&G is setup. They let all the bow hunter out to stir the pot. Then cut the rifle hunter out after the bow hunter done spoked then all. Also during all this only open a few units for a couple days and have everyone cram into the few open units and move like wave of locust from unit to unit as the open and close. I gave up years ago... Cheaper to go to the store and buy it cut and wrapped. As for deer and animals they know what's going to happen with the weather. They move down out of the bad weather areas well before the storm comes. The old tymers up here tell you the same thing if you want to know what the weather is going to do just watch the deer and cows. They will travel up hill on clear warm days but come a storm either rain or snow they will be heading down hill before the storm get there.

• Staff

:lmao::doh: any accumulation 'lately' 0.30 inch of rain 2 days ago. Maybe, MAYBE 1.5 inch total since JUNE 3. It's been the driest here since i've lived in Ne. Our area averages about 18 inches annually for moisture. Shallow rooted young trees are dead now.

oh yes. Blizzards! We can't have a nice 'blanket' of pretty snow. it's always coming at me sideways...

Worst one I've experienced was 4 years ago.... 30 inches snow in one storm with 60 mph winds for 3 days.

:wow: What? That's incredible. I'll give you some of our constant rain for a couple of your blizzards :hyper:

- - - Updated - - -

:lmao2::lmao:

Out here its the way the F&G is setup. They let all the bow hunter out to stir the pot. Then cut the rifle hunter out after the bow hunter done spoked then all. Also during all this only open a few units for a couple days and have everyone cram into the few open units and move like wave of locust from unit to unit as the open and close. I gave up years ago... Cheaper to go to the store and buy it cut and wrapped.

As for deer and animals they know what's going to happen with the weather. They move down out of the bad weather areas well before the storm comes. The old tymers up here tell you the same thing if you want to know what the weather is going to do just watch the deer and cows. They will travel up hill on clear warm days but come a storm either rain or snow they will be heading down hill before the storm get there.

Never a bad huntin' season around here. Just drive up my road, roll down the window and pick one off. I have to drive slow so I don't rear end 'em.

The old tymers up here tell you the same thing if you want to know what the weather is going to do just watch the deer and cows..

Are you sure about that? If you think about it, they are more than likely using that as a cover up. Its their joints that are telling them the weather is gonna turn! :lol: Anyone who has the goold ol' arthritis is the perfect barometric pressure gauge... :lol:

• Owner

Well the old boy I'm talking about is living on the original homestead land from 1890's. Still no power on the property. Rex Baker still goes out every single day and takes care of his cows riding a ATV up to 30-40 miles tending cows. His Mom is still alive at the age of 90 (I think) and she still going not as good as Rex but still going.Baker Ranch and Rex Baker standing to the right. I guess us Idahoian's tend to better care of ourselves... :wink:post-2-1386981953_thumb.jpg

Dang Minnesota folks always have to drag North Dakotans down to their level. It had to be a Minnesota resident who called into the ND radio station.:doh: At least we could supply an entertainment value to a lot of folks lives.:)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4818[/ATTACH]here is one for ya 36 point new ohio record

Is this your deer? If you dont mind me asking when and where this was taken? Ive seen some big bucks around here but that thing is a monstor! Looking at the picture again, I think this was actually taken last year. It was the guys first ever kill if I remember right. Correct me if Im wrong, not trying to steal anybodys thunder