• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Window No Worky

dorkweed

My front passenger side window no longer works. Nothing from both the passenger side switch or the drivers side master panel switch. That would lead me to believe it's the motor..........correct????? Or is this run thru the PCM also???I have no test equipment, so have do I check for where the problem is??? That window was always slower up and down than the others; even when new. In fact, on last years NoDak hunting trip, it was in and out...........sometimes it'd work, sometimes not.Thanks in advance!!:thumb1:

My front passenger side window no longer works. Nothing from both the passenger side switch or the drivers side master panel switch. That would lead me to believe it's the motor..........correct????? Or is this run thru the PCM also??? I have no test equipment, so have do I check for where the problem is??? That window was always slower up and down than the others; even when new. In fact, on last years NoDak hunting trip, it was in and out...........sometimes it'd work, sometimes not. Thanks in advance!!:thumb1:

I`m just shooting in the dark here..but surely the windows circuit does`nt involve the PCM?? I would pull the door panel off, and check the voltage at the connector as well as the ground. My experience with electric windows n locks are the ones used the least tend to die a slow death.

I don't know if this will work on a 3rd gen, but on my 2002, the passenger side window stuck in the down position. I was getting power to the motor. I smacked the motor area with a rubber mallet and it started working.

My passenger window is kind'a wakkie aswell. Sometime's it works/ and don't work at all. I can't figure it out. I know it use to stop half way down/up. If it was the motor it would not work at all. The driver's window has always worked as it should. I guess with opening and closing the doors wires could be loose.

A problem I had in my old C30 (1979, I kept on the road until 2001, sold in 2006) was that the harness to the driver's door (most use, most flex) the power lead got metal fatigue & an intermittant connection. I spliced in a good section of power lead in the hinge area & that solved the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Heading home today from working, and I hit the wrong switch for the rear passenger window.......................long story short, I hit the front passenger switch, and she WORKS!!!! Hasn't worked since I posted this thread. What the heck!!!!I didn't leave it in the down position just in case she decided not to work after I got home!!!!This leads me to believe it's not the motor but a switch/wiring FUBAR. Any insight is appreciated.Also, I've done nothing to correct this problem since my original post............was waiting for nicer weather.Thanks.

More often than not I wind up with broken wires in the hinge area from too many bending cycles. I have had several switches go bad on the drivers door on my second gens but never had an issue on my 05 yet..............Damn now tomorrow I will drive it and my window will quit during a rain storm.:banghead: