• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I need your opinion...

I think largely Mike & his support IS the forum. It would not be the same without you. Unless Mike would be hired to run it. There is a lot of value in the comradery & thoughts & ideas that members bring to the table... but would they be here without Mike's participation? I don't think so. I wouldn't blame Mike for cashing in... but a year from now, it won't be recognizeable. Just saying...Russ

• Like 1

I agree with Russ. This site is different than any other Ive seen to date. Theres a level of respect here that you just dont see for various reasons on other sites. And then theres the depth of knowledge youve brought to the forum. There are lots of people on here with a wealth of knowledge, but theres only one person that started everything here. I dont know you but this forum seems like a reflection of you. Take that away from the equation and the whole chemistry changes. If you have personal reasons for wanting to get out from under it, I and probably everyone else could respect your decision. But I agree with Russ, it wont be the same witrhout ya.

• Owner

What shocked me was the email came to me. So like I've always done was drop the information back in the family room here for everyone to discuss. I think is wonderful to see the different comments from you guys flagmanruss & diesel4life. Then I saw the concern of me bailing out. Just to reassure you all I'm not bailing out, I'm not selling out. I've seen what happens to corporate owned site they turn into a Google Ad's pit. But I think its wonderful to know that larger corporate sites think that this site is valuable to them. Makes me feel good that I built up this site to the point that corporates think its got potential. Great! I'll continue doing what I'm doing.

• Like 1

• Owner

If it was a 6 figure offer and you kept 51% stake and kept control of decisions why not...............:2cents:

Come on you know it folks, EVERYTHING has a price.:whistle:

Sorry... Not biting... (religious side of me) "Greed is the root of all evil." I've lived a very humble life so far why would I change now? Then everyone loses. I do what I do because I enjoy helping people out the best I can. It's not about profit or money it about putting smiles on faces and seeing their truck rolling down the road.

Then there is other factors I've enjoyed learning. Like managing people. Yes. It something you might not think of but there is a certain level of people management involved in the site and handling people that are upset, confused, scared, worried, etc. I work with all the emotions and still keep them moving forward through there issues working with limitations of the person and skill level. Then being tossed back and visualize what is going on in my mind and figure out problems with pure logic.

Why would I give up on a site for a one time payment? Foolish and wreckless. Like ISX thread where we are getting together and telling him to move on and teach himself. Well at the same time I'm teaching myself new skills not only in Diesel Stuff but Web Stuff too. It goes on and on.

You guys are enjoying the end results of what is produced here. I try and listen and produce what your looking for the best I can. So far I rarely here a boo from most of you about problems of issues. So I must be doing things the right way.

So once again I'm still holding my ground and not selling even if the price was big enough. :hug:

• Like 2

I have been stepping it way up ever since going on brake over xmas. Mike and I were on the phone a few hours ago and talking about stuff I was figuring out. So after seeing this thread I got up and took a pic of everything around me to show you guys that I wouldn't do this for any other forum. You guys really inspire me. And yes there will be plenty of new spreadsheets going around as I figure these formulas out. :thumbup2:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If this place sells, I swear I'll buy a duramax :lol:

• Like 2

just saw this thread, my input is ive seen sites owned by good people privately like mike owned this site and they sold their sites. not a couple months later theres spam and ads everywhere, you get biased bully moderators with god complexes and the site goes to heck in a handbasket fast.i like this place, great mature people and great wealth of knowledge.

I spend most of my time reading and not posting as I have more to learn than share. I'm glad that there isn't any of the bashing that goes on at other forums for a question that maybe someone just doesn't understand for some reason. Glad you're not selling but I couldn't blame someone for doing it if it was the right thing to do at the time. Who knows, if there wasn't a no compete agreement and the check was big enough, you could do it again only bigger, if you felt it was necessary, with all the bells and whistles you ever wanted.

• Owner

Who knows, if there wasn't a no compete agreement and the check was big enough, you could do it again only bigger, if you felt it was necessary, with all the bells and whistles you ever wanted.

But would it attract the right type of crowd? I've always been the type to help the common Joe crowd not the race nuts, dyno queens, etc. How would more money make it better? :shrug:

Current Server Specs

4G Web Hosting - Linux CentOS - Apache - PHP 5.3.14 - MySQL 5.0.96

40 GB Ram on the Server

7 GB / 150 GB of Hard Drive Space

3 / 25 MySQL Databases Used

I can add as much as I want now. Just nothing has been requested nor wanted by people.

I'm not shy either... This is all public information.

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered

with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net

for detailed information.

Domain Name: MOPAR1973MAN.COM

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

Name Server: NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Name Server: NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Updated Date: 19-sep-2012

Creation Date: 04-oct-2007

Expiration Date: 04-oct-2013

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:33:10 UTC <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the

registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is

currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration

date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring

registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to

view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois

database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and

automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or

modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry

Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for

information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information

about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not

guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide

by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only

for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data

to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass

unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,

or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes

that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,

repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly

prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to

use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or

query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register

domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right

to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure

operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the

Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign

reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and

Registrars.

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WhoIs database,

while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"

with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This

information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you

in obtaining information about domain name registration records.

Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written

permission of GoDaddy.com, LLC. By submitting an inquiry,

you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,

you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,

dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any

purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and

and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree

not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic

processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,

including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified

in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC

is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: MOPAR1973MAN.COM

Created on: 04-Oct-07

Expires on: 04-Oct-13

Last Updated on: 19-Sep-12

Registrant:

Michael Nelson

5525 Highway 95

New Meadows, Idaho 83654

United States

Administrative Contact:

Nelson, Michael mnelson@mopar1973man.com

5525 Highway 95