• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Destroyed a turbo with a hose clamp

Major Suckage, Michael!!!!:duh::spend::banghead:How long for the re-build???Is there a "break-in" for new turbos??? AH64IUD???Mike, it's really hard to read this and actually comprehend how this happened to YOU!!!!! You're one of the most meticulous and anal persons I've never met!!!!:lmao::lmao2: That said, I still feel for you, man.Here's hoping this works out for you!!

Well GOS performance is going to be taking care of my turbo. It being sent off to Industrial Injection to be full rebuilt. Too much broken stuff now. I've got broken studs damaged parts, can't separate the compressor wheel at all. So I'll let Industrial Injection do the work.

Mike from experience and knowing others personaly who have sent things in to II for repair/rebuild, Word to the wise is to get a quote in first, Most repair / rebuilds they do wind up costing people more or as much as a new turbo would. Do not let them touch it without talking to you first and giving you a "HARD" quote not an estimate.:smart: Not knocking II at all, they are great but they tend to gouge folk more often than not on the service end.

Broken studs and compressor housing won't come off??? You didn't let the penetrating oil soak in to those bolts did you :evilgrin: The compressor housing is just a snap ring and it pulls straight off. If it was sommmmmehow welded to the wheel, then you could take the nut off the wheel and the compressor housing and wheel woulda slid straight off. So, what was the deal with it? Sounds like you admitted defeat, I want to know why!

• Owner

Broke one bolt on the exhaust housing (exhaust brake). Then the 4 that hold the exhaust housing on the one behind the oil inlet is frozen can get it loose at all. But it boxed up and ready to head out.I don't have the tools for drilling, tapping and heli-coil the hole properly. I understand the method of it just lacking experience and the tooling.

• Owner

Let's say that its will not go up in price. More or less my is going in for as a core nd I'm suppose to get a re manufacture Hx35w turbo in return. The possibility of my own turbo returning is a "maybe" but I kind of doubt it. GOS Performance is the vendor interface to Industrial Injection which I was told GOS will handle everything for me. Aden is a good man (owner of GOS) he's the one that sold me the AirDog years ago.

• Staff

That sucks!!Good call not going with a 62/70, you would have HATED that turbo beyond belief with how you drive. The fuel you have would certainly warrant a 58/65, or 62/65/12 but any bigger than that wouldn't work for you. Thou I am not sure spending money on a stock turbo is worth it??? But if it works, I guess it works....The exhaust brake does make it a little more difficult, since most go to a HX40 downpipe. I think the BD Special is out of the question, but the Garrett appears to work with the EB. But in the end, it's all what you can justify for the cost. I had never heard of GOS so I was peeking at their site. The turbo they have listed as a 62/70 is a 62/65 so I have no clue what 62/70 means????When I first looked they didn't have a OEM reman on the site, but it just popped up. About 1/2 price, so if your HX35 has been working then go for it. The fuel you have is too much for the HX35, unless you don't use it :-)They are considerably cheaper on their reman's than others I have seen, I hope that it's just a good deal and not a poor reman.

Broke one bolt on the exhaust housing (exhaust brake). Then the 4 that hold the exhaust housing on the one behind the oil inlet is frozen can get it loose at all. But it boxed up and ready to head out. I don't have the tools for drilling, tapping and heli-coil the hole properly. I understand the method of it just lacking experience and the tooling.

I feel your pain on that one Mopar, I broke 2 bolts off mine also...