• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Slow unresponsive site for 3 days.........

Mike, the site has been extremely slow and unresponsive and times out ect ect a lot the last 3 days and seems to be getting worse as time goes along too, same issue from my home PC my work PC and my wifes work pc.I have noticed quite a few double posts and some coments about lost posts from timing out I would suspect.

• Like 1

I did manage to get an IE troubleshooting message saying Apache server internal failure port 80.

- - - Updated - - -

Since about 10 minutes ago seems much better now but still wee bit slow. Must have something to do with the fact Mike finally got out of bed and the site is speeding up with each cup of coffee. :ahhh::tease::whistle:

Did it to me today. It took me almost an hour to get onto the forum. I left you a PM about this problem. I think you have the same problem I have on Tractor Farm and Family.com. Let me know what you think of the PM I left on over on TFF.

Sorry about all the posts above. :lol::doh:

It was really messing up bad just a minute ago.

NP. I went through and deleted everyone's duplicate-posts..

- - - Updated - - -

Since about 10 minutes ago seems much better now but still wee bit slow. Must have something to do with the fact Mike finally got out of bed and the site is speeding up with each cup of coffee. :ahhh::tease::whistle:

LOL!
  • Like 1

Server load issues.. Part of what makes this place free and void of 100 ads is through sharing servers with other websites. It is supposed to share the load across servers but sometimes it has issues. Mike constantly spends hours battling with them to get them to give us troublefree service so they never have any issues that go unnoticed without Mike calling them out on it. It's kinda troublesome but it's what we have to do to keep everything the way everyone likes it here. The next step is upgrading to our own dedicated server but thats far fetched financially without the hundreds of ads like CF has. So we drift over these speed bumps and Mike constantly works to smooth the speedbumps out.

• Like 2

Server load issues.. Part of what makes this place free and void of 100 ads is through sharing servers with other websites. It is supposed to share the load across servers but sometimes it has issues. Mike constantly spends hours battling with them to get them to give us troublefree service so they never have any issues that go unnoticed without Mike calling them out on it. It's kinda troublesome but it's what we have to do to keep everything the way everyone likes it here. The next step is upgrading to our own dedicated server but thats far fetched financially without the hundreds of ads like CF has. So we drift over these speed bumps and Mike constantly works to smooth the speedbumps out.

A small price to pay IMO (from our stand point). Its aggrevating as all get out getting on sites that are so loaded with advertisements you spend more time closing them than you do navigating the forum. :mad: THANK YOU MIKE!!!! For all your work that generally goes "unnoticed". :thankyou:

• Owner

Sorry I vanished into thin air for a period of time. Yes. I've been very aware of the server issues and got all the emails sent to me but between the site here and my personal PC's getting thing sorted out just about gets me ripping hair out at times. ISX is right about the server issue as I explained it to him. We are on a share hosting plan with about 28 other web sites sharing the same server. But the grid hosting plan is suppose to roll over to a second server if the load goes to high keeping things in check. The other issue I've been battling is the MySQL database errors which I think was a starting point of the major failure. I've checked the server load this morning and everything seem to back to normal. But I'll watch it closely for a few days.There is a few tinker toys I got to add to the site for backing up and maintenance of the database soon so I'll be pulling the site down at some point and dealing with the faults and getting the site as secure as possible so down time or data loss will be minimal. Once again sorry for the burp in the system for the last few days... :rolleyes:

A small price to pay IMO (from our stand point). Its aggrevating as all get out getting on sites that are so loaded with advertisements you spend more time closing them than you do navigating the forum. :mad: THANK YOU MIKE!!!! For all your work that generally goes "unnoticed". :thankyou:

Ditto! This is the best site on the internet, I don`t even bother with CF anymore although I`m sure they have something intellegent from time to time. My wife`s Toyota has some minor issues, So I registered at Toyota Nation.. Its like a clone of CF it takes forever to navigate through all the BS. Great job here Mike!
  • Like 1

Ditto! This is the best site on the internet, I don`t even bother with CF anymore although I`m sure they have something intellegent from time to time. My wife`s Toyota has some minor issues, So I registered at Toyota Nation.. Its like a clone of CF it takes forever to navigate through all the BS. Great job here Mike!

I agree as well, the only other vehicle forum on the net that has super high quality tech info is the VW diesel site TDIclub.com. They take tech to a whole different level, step by step videos and pic heavy threads that are 100 times better than any factory service manual I have ever seen on just about any issue under the sun. You could rebuild any part on any VW car and they have pics of almost every single small part you can imagine. they miss nothing. Also clean and streamlined like Mopar1973man is.
  • Like 1