• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Time Lapse Video: From New Meadows, ID to Council, ID

I kept getting blinded by the refraction of light off the safety issue I see running through the screen in front of the camera.:tongue:Need to get a hold of the Idaho state patrol and tell them to do safety inspections in the New Meadows area and give out mandatory safety repair tickets I guess. :tease::whistle::wink:

• Owner

Even with time lapse you drive slowly. I saw some guy pass you at :47 and then I fell asleep wondering if you were ever going to make it. :tongue::tease:

What's funny I was doing speed limit that stretch of road is only 55 MPH.

I kept getting blinded by the refraction of light off the safety issue I see running through the screen in front of the camera.:tongue: Need to get a hold of the Idaho state patrol and tell them to do safety inspections in the New Meadows area and give out mandatory safety repair tickets I guess. :tease::whistle::wink:

It just broke this winter and my insurance company already knows about it I just waiting till all the highway are swept clean for the spring. So since in replacing the glass to have another trucker break it. :spend: In Idaho its not illegal till the crack in is the vision path. Mine is low on the glass so local police hasn't said a thing about when I went to the last four search & rescue meeting in Idaho co.

My insurance company pays me back when I replace windshields. I get quotes from companies for what they charge the insurance companies and then buy windshields at a fraction of the price and have a friend who works at a body shop install it all done for about half of what the main body or glass shops charge insurance companies. Takes a bit of leg work but it save me on insurance costs for doing about 1 windshied a year and going the extra mile to do so the insurance co always splits the savings difference and pays me half.:thumbup2:

• Owner

I just lay the $100 bucks on the table the rest is covered. The worst part is I got to drive clear to Boise or Ontario, OR typically for new glass like the last 2 that been replaced one in Ontario, OR and the other in Payette, ID. Price and cost isn't my trouble its the time, travel, cordination with other projects, etc. I don't just drive 180 mile one way for just a windshield... I typically ball it up with several other projects. :smart:

We pay nothing for windshields with our policy too, but it is nice to get some money back on occasion for making a couple of calls and saving others money. Don't get too many bullseyes that run but they get so sandblasted that you can't see through them very well after about 2 years.

• Owner

Nice job, Mike. I did the same thing a while back, taking the tractor down the road, and then putting out some hay. But it won't let me upload it to my photobucket. :rolleyes:

You might get a Youtube account and try it there. Also processing the video file down typically reduces the size of the video file and makes it easier for some picture/video site to handle it better. Heck... Using Ubuntu Linux 12.04, KDEnLive to process the video, and upload to Youtube I'm sure you can do it. :wink:

• Owner

Everyone teases me about driving slow. What do I have to prove by speeding? So what I got pasted by ONE vehicle that was speeding. Just like 2 days ago I rolled past a roll over vehicle accident where the driver was driving too fast and couldn't make the next corner. Needless to say the driver was seriously injured and the vehicle is totaled. 3 Days ago on a single lane dirt road there was a vehicle accident once again driving too fast and there was no where to go. BAM! Remember I work with the emergency services and see all the many ways of destroying vehicles. So what if I drive slow so what... I've not had a single ticket in over 20 years now.But like I've proven man many times already... 55 MPH is much more efficient and in 20 miles of travel I'm only going to gain 3 minutes going 65 but lose roughly 5 MPG driving 10 MPH faster so why?At least EMS and Police won't find my truck rolled over and my family and I injured from speeding...:soap: I'm done...

I don't know what the big deal is about the crack. Mines had a crack across the windshield since I bought it. If the crack distracts you then I can't imagine what the windshield wipers do :lol:The interesting thing about driving the speed limit or even 5 under (like a lot of truckers do on I-70) is that people actually start dropping in behind you. I always think they are just waiting for the exit, but they stay there forever. People who drive slow seem very aware that a constant rate is a troublefree rate. If we all just drop behind each other and stay back a good amount like they all do, there is never an accident. Its nice because you never have to pass anyone, you just sit back an turn the radio up and enjoy yourself. Plus it is much easier to control a truck going slower than one going faster, you don't have to hold the steering wheel as tight, you can just drift along. I follow truckers all the time in my jeep lately. Not close enough to do any real drafting, maybe 100ft away. They drive nice and slow and even when they go up hills and go down to 10 under, I still stay behind them. You can get frustrated, floor it, pass them, now you just ruined any mileage you may have been getting.

• Like 2