• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Someone needs to straighten these people out

• Owner
Or... http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/36-fuel-system/68-hfrr-testing-of-common-diesel-fuel-additives

Who in their right mind would put boat motor oil, for a boat motor, in their diesel truck?!:lmao::lmao:

I would... Or how about putting chainsaw oil in my diesel truck (Sthl 2 cycle oil)??? :whistle:

So .... what do ya'll use in your fuel? What are the 'specs' of your additive? Frequency and amount? Canadian availability and different 'specs' may be an issue here.

Wally world Super Tech. Approximately 1 oz per gallon every tank full. Learned about here and was convinced it was a good thing. I did run diesel kleen many years ago for a couple months and never saw or felt any improvement in any thing. The first time I put the 2 stroke in I noticed the engine was quieter, my family could not tell, but I could. That really convinced me it was working. As far as availability in Canada, I would not know.

• Owner

Super tech TCW-3 , approx 1oz per gallon, all the time. Learned about it here, tried it engine was noticeably quieter at idle.

You could back down to 200:1 and be good! :thumbup2: Personally I run WalMart Supertech 2 Cycle Oil and have been for 128K miles. I add in 1 ounce to 1 gallon every fill up. My VP44 injection pump has over 163K miles and no sign of wearing out. :hyper:
  • Like 1

Most of my TCW3 has been Supertech... premeasured into quart containers carried in my door pockets. About 3/4 full is right for my normal fill ups... air space in the quart bottles prevents leaking when dented in by the door pocket lip.

• Owner

Google search ....... SuperTech 2 Cycle oil ... made by Penzoil/Quaker State.

Much for/against info on Cummins/Dodge web sites.

I'll give TCW-3 a try.

I'm all for any 2 cycle oil in diesel fuel. It's better than dirty waste engine oil or ATF which both have side effect with ash content, debris content, chemical that work against combustion process. Being that today's fuel is 520 HFRR and Bosch requires fuels to score lower than 450 HFRR.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Diesel fuel additives have been a debate for years with the argument going for and against with no real out come. Personally, I believe in them. I bought my 02 brand new. At first I never bothered with additives until I killed a VP at 10,000 miles. From that point on, the old girl has had additive added every fill. Sure it's an added expense but worth it in my mind considering the poor quality of today's diesel. Now, I am sitting at 260,000 miles, with 250,000 of those on the replacement VP and at the moment, sitting at about 120,000 miles on an OEM Carter lift pump, albeit moved down to the frame. Not sure if it's available in the US, but up here in Canada, I use Milligan biotech. It's a Saskatchewan company that makes it from corn. http://milliganbiofuels.com/ I'm not employed or sponsored or anything by this company, I pay money to use their product because it works. I do get a small mileage gain, about 60 miles a tank, the truck does run a bit smoother and also quieter. One way of noticing the quieter operation is the few times I didn't fill the bottle with additive that I carry (I buy it in 1 gallon jugs) and had to refuel. After driving the truck home after however many miles, I would pour my additive fill into the truck and while it was sitting there idling for a few minutes, you can actually hear the motor "smooth out" a little and quiet down a noticeable but not huge amount. 200ml to a 110 liter fill only works out to about $5 every fill. Sure at the end of the year it's added up but at the same time, what is the coast of a dead VP on the side of the highway going to cost? You will always get arguments either way, but I tend to believe that a lot of these come from the arm chair pilots who frequent all these internet forums and have to tell the story....I know a guy who knows a guy who might have used it but he didn't like it so it must suck................sound familiar? If you want to use an additive, go for it, it's your truck. If you don't want to, then don't. As to what you use, your choice there also. No one makes the perfect anything so it's what works for you. Jeff