• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Having trouble with posting, "enter" button does nothing

Is anybody else having problems the last couple weeks on the forums while typing out a post I can not hit enter to go to another line on my computer. Everything gets run into a big single paragraph and it is getting very annoying. I just started a new thread and wanted to make it clean and label descriptions of pictures but because I can not hit the enter button and drop to the next line it got all jumbled up. I seem to have the same issue on a lot of forums the last couple weeks. Anybody know what might be the problem? It actually seems to happen in any text box except e-mail, it works perfect in my e-mail text box but any other kind of message text box doesn't work.

I have issues with pasting links as they always paste to the very top row irregardless of cursor placement. Haven't had any enter issues, though maybe, can't remember it so it must not be enough times to be a memorable problem.

Is anybody else having problems the last couple weeks on the forums while typing out a post I can not hit enter to go to another line on my computer. Everything gets run into a big single paragraph and it is getting very annoying. I just started a new thread and wanted to make it clean and label descriptions of pictures but because I can not hit the enter button and drop to the next line it got all jumbled up. I seem to have the same issue on a lot of forums the last couple weeks. Anybody know what might be the problem? It actually seems to happen in any text box except e-mail, it works perfect in my e-mail text box but any other kind of message text box doesn't work.

I had the same problem using internet explorer. Started using google chrome and it went away. My computer illiterate brain cant tell you why, it just worked. Several people were having the same problem a a few weeks ago and I think Mike posted an explanation.

• Owner

Solution...a. Ditch IE10 and use either Opera, Firefox or Chrome.b. Change over to standard editor box in your user control panel. What has happen is Microsoft has made a serious change in the browser world once again and the CKEditor doesn't function with IE10 at all. I know vBulletin is aware of the problem but it will be quite some time before a update is released for vB4. So the solutions above should buy time for the IE10 crowd. Personally I don't see any problem from Ubuntu Linux 12.04.2 and either Firefox or Opera... The whole thing is a Microsoft problem. :whistle:

• Like 1

Solution...

a. Ditch IE10 and use either Opera, Firefox or Chrome.

b. Change over to standard editor box in your user control panel. What has happen is Microsoft has made a serious change in the browser world once again and the CKEditor doesn't function with IE10 at all. I know vBulletin is aware of the problem but it will be quite some time before a update is released for vB4. So the solutions above should buy time for the IE10 crowd.

Personally I don't see any problem from Ubuntu Linux 12.04.2 and either Firefox or Opera... The whole thing is a Microsoft problem. :whistle:

This was the answer, thanks! That was the most annoying glitch, there are other minor ones I can live with, even after changing the editer now I see other glitches I never saw before but they are minor.

• Owner

This was the answer, thanks! That was the most annoying glitch, there are other minor ones I can live with, even after changing the editer now I see other glitches I never saw before but they are minor.

List the others out for me so I can look into it... I know a majority of the problems are wrapped up with IE10 browser. But like I said let me look and see what I can do soften the glitch.

OK when I quoted you I had to try several times to color the text and underline it but the underlining still didn't happen and when I hit the text color drop down box it popped up in a corner of the screen instead of a drop down.I have seen the same issue as ISX as well while trying to get the cursor in the right spot.

• Owner

Well it based on getting converted to HTML5. IE for some reason has made a drastic change to the browser world that creates a conflict with the CKEditor on vBulletin. I'm assuming from one of ISX post that Microsoft yanked out the backwards compatibly mode and forced the new browser to follow HTML5 more so. Like with IE7, 8,9 there was always a control to allow fallback to previous versions. I've even tossed in the META to aid IE to try to fallback to IE9 but that not working. But ditching the WYSIWYG editor should provide the solution. I've been actively hammering at vBulletin to getting the update ASAP. But they trainwrecked vB5 so bad that 90% of the developer power is working vB5 now. So vB4 license holders are screwed till the tiny team fixes this bugs. Many have voice their opinions on vB4 should of had PHP 5.4 (and now PHP 5.5 is coming out!) and the CKEditor updated to 4.1.1. I've got nothing to hide... vBulletin https://www.vbulletin.com CKEditor http://ckeditor.com PHP http://us.php.net So if vBulletin would get 4.2.2 update going. I'll get that update ASAP. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV