• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help me find the gem...

hex0rz

I've looked on CL locally, but dunno where there may be other popular places to look to find that apple of my eye...With the type of trailer I'm pulling, the idea of getting into another truck to pull this beast becomes more enticing to me.I'm pretty sure this sort of truck is out there, but at what expense or where??I would prefer:98.5 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 5 or 6 speed. Extended cab longbed, with the 99-02 interior but has the 12 valve engine and tow mirrors.If I can find it with less than 100k miles, I would be all ears! Price is not a big problem... Anyone seen this gem?

• Owner

I think your truck can be made to haul that RV still. But you'll have to invest in changing out the tires and coming back down to a smaller tire. 235's or 265's. 235's will be better for towing better stability. Then add some air bags to the rear axle. Might in invest in some good shocks all the way around. I know your heavy on the rear axle but you not really outrageous.As for finding the gem. I would be hard pressed to find a truck with less than 250K around me. I'm not much for CL or Ebay dealers. I've seen to many people getting scammed with vehicle sales. I would hit the local dealers where your at and see what options you got and maybe ask if they would put there eyes out looking for you.

• Like 1

Trying to find one under 100K would be almost impossible and in my mind why would you want to go backwards in power and drivability if adding power to a 12v.I was looking for the same quad cab 12v and did find several in the SD area with 120-150K but everyone who owns a quad cab 12v knows what they can scam out of them, the 2500's I was looking at were in the $15K range which is more than I will spend on a rig that's 15 years old and getting into the nickel and dime portion of its life.

I have to agree with Mike on beefing up your truck some to make it handle better with the load. My 96 long bed had no overloads or sway bar and 245 tires. The 02 has both and 265 tires. They made very nice difference in handling even with the 265's. Not sure where you are going to find a 98.5 with 02 interior and a 12v. That's pretty specialized. Folks really love the low mileage ones, especially in the $$$ department.

Well, for one thing you will not be able to find a '98.5 with a 12v in it. Mid year '98 is when the switch was made to the 24v engines so you are looking for a '98 12v, but like most have said, the '98 12v can only be had at a premium price plus a few grand....

• Like 1

Well, for one thing you will not be able to find a '98.5 with a 12v in it. Mid year '98 is when the switch was made to the 24v engines so you are looking for a '98 12v, but like most have said, the '98 12v can only be had at a premium price plus a few grand....

This is troof