• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New revised MPG/High idle switch design

• Owner

I got to thank Yankneck for taking on this project and making the improvements to the design. I've been working with Yankneck closely to make this the best version of the high idle mod. Yes. I will be producing a article really soon on how to detect high idle software on your vehicle. I'll post a link to the article very soon.

I love my home built MPG (IAT fooler). It's so handy in cooler weather. It's even nice to use the grid heaters on my first morning start, then go into MPG for the rest of the day. Having it plug & play with instructions will be a great advantage to the Cummins community.

• Like 1

Diesel4life, would you mind getting some pics posted? If you can & actually go further to help produce this unit for your vintage truck, you will get a SEVERE discount on a unit.Otherwise, if there is no real place in your truck to mount it, the.re will be a 2" round faceplate availible to mount to a gauge pod.Thank you,

I drilled a hole in my right knee panel, right next to my XZT switch, drilled mounted there.Funny thing... I keep seeing too good to be true "MPG chips" for all sorts of gas vehicles... including my Cirrus. Upon further research, they are just IAT foolers of some sort. I bet most folks have no clue what they are or when to use them.

What about a switch box that can clip to the edge of the knee panel without holes or under the steering column with the existing screw. My 01 dash looks the same as the one pictured except I have a useless storage pocket with no door & no power socket (If that is that what I'm seeing)... but it's too far for me to reach easily. I built my own GPS mount to go over the air vent.

Personally, I have sworn up a storm dozens of times that I left the MPG fooler on, then tried to start the truck on a cold morning. With the MPG fooler, the engine is seeing 143* @ the IAT. you get NO grid heaters. Then, you whack yourself upside the head & say "WTF" !!!!! You have to turn the MPG fooler off & wait for the 25 second fuel pump run, then you get the heaters back. This is why I want this to be completely visible with an LED to indicate that a function is selected. To me, that would mean a column dash pod, pillar pod or a gauge pod affixed to the dash pad for other options. I will definitely entertain other ideas, but if it's just a "Project box", I can't have it engraved like the cubby plate & the gauge pod plate. I guess we could also produce a fully wired unit for custom mounting with some stick on engraved lables if needed. In all honesty, I am trying to suit all needs, but still keep this affordable & professional looking. I have done alot of brainstorming with Michael & Jacob to bring this product to a much more user friendly device with appealing looks, too. Of course, in my truck it'll be the best looking part, as the whole dash has disintegrated & the lower is barely there....Ed

I'll throw this out... a wedge shaped (side view) box. Velcro or sticky install. Choice of locations either on top of steering column or knee panel. Might even fit in front of the instrument bezel. I had no trouble routing wires neatly around the steering column. No holes!! Or remove face plate, reverse housing/flip switch block over, reinstall face plate. Maximum flexibility for custom installs. Less is more!Power on with key. Different color LEDs for IAT or stock? I'd be OK with stick on labels. My $1000 radar system came with 2 stick on labels depending on orientation.

I would also point out that for the slt laramie addition trucks with heated seats the location where you are looking to mount the controls is used for the switches that operate the heated seats. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6088[/ATTACH]

Dang, does that truck ever get used? It looks brand new on the inside! I noticed the white hood, Is that a different truck from the picture in your avatar?