• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fog Lights

Mine came on the truck from the factory. Seems I have other harnesses on the truck for options that were not on it. That would leave me to believe there is a good chance they are there. I know the wiring was on mine for the heated/power tow mirrors and it came with manual. I have plugs under the seat that I would think are for power seats. I did have to add switches for the mirrors and my fog lights are controlled with the headlight switch and you might have to install the proper switch to use them. Mine is also an SLT which some folks tell me that is why the harnesses were there.

• Like 1

• Owner

I know my 02 has all the wiring present and the socket ofr the fog lamp relay. Just got to hook up the lights, change the headlight switch, and insert the relay. I didn't like the stock lights so I went bigger. Four 100w aircraft landing lights that are controlled by the dimmer switch. 2 lights are hi beam and 2 light are lo beam. Great for this dark canyon I live in.

• Like 1

I am also running a set of those landing lights. The way to do it cheap is just get some of those glass beam tractor lights that have the rubber housing. Then you get a spot beam bulb to replace the flood bulb. I don't remember what those part numbers are off hand.. Don't take them to California though, they cut the wires at the state border because they don't want you to run them!!

- - - Updated - - -

Crap... You beat me.. :ashamed:

I have a 10" Rigid Industries flood/spot combo light bar on my 2010 1500Hemi along with a pair of rigid D2 driving lights and the same pair on my 05 cummins.I also have amber lenses for all of them for snow and foggy conditions.These lights are flat out awesome, the light bar shines out just shy of 1/2 mile and the D2 driving lights are aimed just a bit to the sides so I can see everything like daylight from near 90* over 300 feet wide and just shy of 1/2 mile. love the white light and how crisp they are and the extreme small amount of power they use is even better.I will try and get pics of the light they put out one day. I know pics will not do any justice though.I took some really crappy pics of my 2010 when my batteries in the camera went dead and I am fresh out of new ones, the lights are not on it is the flash reflection.post-10023-138698209465_thumb.jpgpost-10023-13869820947_thumb.jpg

post-10023-138698209478_thumb.jpg

post-10023-13869820949_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Owner

My truck came with the worthless OEM "fog lights". I wish there was a decent light that would up-lamp the OEM (probably melt the stupid plastic crap) or replace the assembly. I think a relay would be needed using the OEM as a trigger.

This is why I never bothered with the OEM fog lights knowing I could order 100w H3 bulbs (offroad) I knew the cheap plastic would melt so everything else was too expensive to have broken KC, PIAA, Light Force, etc. So my crazy idea to use what the local truckers use. http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/35-exterior/131-fog-driving-lights

Many moons ago... I replaced the lights in my '68 RoadRunner with off road (non-sealed beam) H1s (all there was back then). Hella Low beams, Carrello High beams. Hella fogs originally behind the grill but it broke up the pattern so much, I cut the grill & removed the headlight surround tin. Very high quality glass optics. The fogs had a horizontal beam that lit up both shoulders. The lows had a butterfly pattern, lower in the center but more reach on the sides. The high beams were spots that could light over a mile of straight flat road... I had a little trouble with the fogs vibrating on the bracket I installed between the radiator support & the front skin... bracket not stiff enough. It was a complex bend but I added a piece of stiff stock under the nut which helped immensely.

Because of the quality of the optics, they could be safely set higher than normal lights. The highs were set straight horizontal.

Posted Image

• Staff

I put 9004R blubs in my truck when I first got it. Low beam is 80wt and high is 100wt and no they did not melt the plastic. I still have the stock driving lamps in the bumper but if they get broken I'll go with a set of off road lamps. I've never seen the cops cut the wires to the lamps here in CA for two reasons #1 They wouldn't know which wirer to cut and #2 there's no money in it, they would just wright you a ticket and have the state/county get the money.

• Like 2

• Staff

My mistake. The blubs in my truck are Flosser 9104R. There are some threads over at Diesel Truck Resource about them and the number they use is 9104 with no R. The R is for rally. I get them from one of my wholesale suppliers and the box is marked 9104R. I found some 9004 made by Hella part #HLAH83155131 @4WHEELPARTS.COM on page 20 of the light section for $7.99. There are some PIAA EXTREME WHITE HEADLAMP BLUBS @ IPD.COM that are 65/45 watt (equivalent to 120/95 watt) that are DOT approved @ $92/pair. I'll call my supplier tomorrow and see if they still have the 9104R in stock.

• Like 1