• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tire Prices!!!

dorkweed

Just rolled past 45,000 miles on my Cooper Discoverer AT3's. They're probably 40-50% gone now. Should get around 80k out of them………………..I hope!!!!!! :pray: Probably 10%+ of those miles are driven on gravel roads in NoDak, MO and WI. Just saying of course!!! :2cents:

I have Cooper ATP's from Discount Tire. I think they are supposed to be the same tire, little different tread pattern however. I am definitely not going to get the same mileage. 50 maybe 55 k is all I will see. 65k is the best I have ever seen and that was on the oe Michelin's. 

the coopers were a lot cheaper at around $850 for the set. So I am not totally unhappy about the mileage. They have been a good tire, just wish I could see the mileage you are getting.

Edited by dripley

I recently bought 5 new vision rims in 19.5 and got them for $180 each. :-)

Now I am looking for tires to put on them.

I have a quote for 5 Hankook DH101's in 245x70x19.5 in LRG that is less than $1400 mounted and balanced, but I am  hesitant on

pulling the trigger because I have seen mixed reviews on the mileage some people are getting with them on there truck.  Actually I

am not sure how much weight to put into online product reviews.  Haven't been able to find anyone that has personally run them.

So I   am still looking and hoping to find a good deal on tires but I know that is wishful thinking.

• Staff

Nice score! Where did you get them? I got mine for just a hair more than that, with lug nuts and extra center caps for my hubs. I looked at the DH01 and the M608Z, from my research the M608Z is a better tire but 1400 is pretty good. Who has that price? That is less that I was quoted at several places for 4 of them.

• 2 weeks later...

The only problem I see with the high mileage tires is the compound is a bit harder than a good traction tire. In other words the better the traction the softer the compound and less miles. You would need to figure out what you really want to do with the truck and tire combo.

Nice score! Where did you get them? I got mine for just a hair more than that, with lug nuts and extra center caps for my hubs.I looked at the DH01 and the M608Z, from my research the M608Z is a better tire but 1400 is pretty good. Who has that price? That is less that I was quoted at several places for 4 of them.

Discount Tire Just built (in last 12 months)2 new stores here in Nampa and they gave me the great Vision price.  It was cheaper than every place I contacted about these rims.

Bruneel Tire gave me the best price for the DH01s, but I am getting mixed messages about the tire life for traction type tires.  When I look up reviews I find some good ones and some not so good ones for Hankooks, Toyos, Coopers, Continentals, Double Coin etc.

I am now thinking that maybe I'll just go with a rib type tire and keep my 17 inch Michlen LTX and run those in the winter when I am not pulling or carrying the camper and then use the 19.5s during the rest of the year.

The only problem I see with the high mileage tires is the compound is a bit harder than a good traction tire. In other words the better the traction the softer the compound and less miles. You would need to figure out what you really want to do with the truck and tire combo.

The issue I am referring to is the inconsistences I see in the tire life on various reviews for the same brand and model of tire.  As an example I have seen some reviews for the DH01s saying they only got 25 to 35k miles out of the tires and others that said 60 to 70k miles.  Same thing goes for other brands as well.

I was kind of thinking that if I go to a 14 or 16 ply truck tire that my tire mileage would be somewhere around 80k+ . Heck, I expect to get 70k+ from my 17inch Michlen LTX tires.