• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wow! What a snow storm

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Well tonight is my Christmas party for the Fire Dept. Snow blowing and drifting all over the highway between home and Riggins, ID. Buddy Kelly informed me that north of Grangeville, ID has had at least 7 slide off vehicle accidents so far. I've got video of the trip to town and post it later when I get home. But at the moment I'm safe and sound in Riggins Idaho.

Anyone out and about in Idaho take it slow and easy and be safe.

http://511.idaho.gov/

White Bird grade

Posted Image

Smokey Boulder

Posted Image

We have 1/4" of ice on everything. It took probably 2 minutes to get down the flight of stairs at my apartment.  I drove back to parents and all the bridges made my jeep slide all over the place.  Roads aren't as bad, just wet.  But anything that isn't pavement or cement is coated.  Even the rocks at my parents driveway made my jeep just spin out the whole way up it (in 2wd).  Snow is an issue but the black ice is where all the deadly things happen, and we get tons of it since we constantly hover around freezing all winter.  Rain during the day and it freezes at night.  

Where are you from Grangeville, ID? and ClearWater? I have friends that live there and i used to go hunting in the area.

I sure do miss living in Coeur D'alene.

The biggest snowflake I've ever seen was in CDA. about the size of the palm of my hand. it was awesome!. 

We went from having 12+ inches of snow on the ground and temps steady in the low teens during the day to temps in the mid 50s and pouring rain. Inch and a half of rain in the last 24 hours and another 1 to 2 inches predicted in the next 24 hours. Needless to say, ALL of our snow is gone except where it was drifted and piled....The fields are under water and we have flash flood warnings in effect through the weekend. So much for a white Christmas...

Just got home from vacation and in some places we are almost at 3 feet where its drifted. Supposed to get another 6 inches or so in the next few days. Still havent seen anything above 9* F. Gotta love it!!

Be happy you aren't close to Lake Superior. We have had about 48" come down this month at my house and at the NWS in Duluth they said it snowed 21 out of the first 24 days this month and was only 4.5 inches from the record of the most snow in December. All I know is I am real tired of moving snow and Sunday night it is supposed to be about -20*F for the low and not above zero until maybe Thursday.