• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

01 NV5600 Shifter Knob

I have some aftermarket POS on my truck now from the previous owner. I am looking to get a factory 6spd. shifter knob or a nice aftermarket one that doesn't feel like I am throwing around a piece of paper. Any ideas? The one I have is literally falling apart.

I have been wanting to get an aftermarket one for sometime now. I have the original 6 speed one on there but for the life of me I cant get the stupid thing off!! I dont know if someone used locktite or something at some point but it wont budge. If I could get it off I would send it to ya Kotta.

I have been wanting to get an aftermarket one for sometime now. I have the original 6 speed one on there but for the life of me I cant get the stupid thing off!! I dont know if someone used locktite or something at some point but it wont budge. If I could get it off I would send it to ya Kotta.

****...let me know!! I hate the damn thing I have now  :ahhh:

• Staff

Show off!! :cheers:  :sofa:

You can get your own! I actually really like the feel. My mom asked dad to put one in his 06 after driving mine, but the G56 shifter has a different angle.

Any of yall know how many revolutions your oe knob has turned since new? Mine is on it 4th or 5th. It just keeps revolving.

I would let mine get about 90deg off and fix it. I did that 4 or 5 times before going to the pistol grip.  

I think  Geno's has one with a micro switch in it. I thought about getting one for my e brake.Anyone have any experience with it?

I bought one about 5 years back, the switch felt cheaper than it should have. I ended up installing the pistol grip and selling the genos's one. I did contemplate keeping it and installing it on the transfer case shifter for backup lights but I added a 3" extension to the shifter and it's not hollow so it would be a PITA to run a wire thru.

Threads are M10 x 1.5mm.  The one I got from genos still looks like it did when I got it 4 years ago.  I have no complaints.  I try to keep my hands clean before I drive my trucks.  I do not like feeling dirt and grime on the wheel. 

Idk if you were trying to turn the whole knob.  But there is nut under the cover with the shift pattern on it. 

Hahahaha!! I have been trying to turn the whole thing :banghead:  Someone on CF told me thats how these knobs are on there. Is it easy to get that over off the top of the knob without messing it up?