• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2014 Deep Freeze

dorkweed

• Owner

It's going to be a cold night here in Florida, so I had to tuck in the truck... I plugged in it's block heater so it stays nice and toasty tonight... now to go to blanket the Ponies and Puppies

:tongue:  :tongue:  :lmao:  :lmao: :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :tongue:  :tongue:  

1499471_10202406513357675_481015672_n.jp

Florida??? Block Heater??? :lmao2::lmao:

I won't even think about a grid heater down to +32*F... :whistle:

It's going to be a cold night here in Florida, so I had to tuck in the truck... I plugged in it's block heater so it stays nice and toasty tonight... now to go to blanket the Ponies and Puppies

:tongue:  :tongue:  :lmao:  :lmao: :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :tongue:  :tongue:  

Florida was mentioned in the first sentence Infidel :tongue:

Hey Yabba............Is the piece of rope through the grill holding the hood shut or is it holding the bumper on?????????? :lmao:

Well I just never took it off from the trip to VA... Since I took the truck on a long trip a little over 2 weeks after I purchased it and I didn't like the little bit of wiggle the hood had going down the road I put the rope there and just never took it off... Just got used to undoing the rope to check the fluids :thumb1:  One of these days I will work on getting the latch adjusted properly... Just other things seem to be on the burner ahead of that project :)

What I cant understand, is why we are having all this ridiculously cold weather down here when AK hasnt gotten that cold. I have a buddy that lives in wasilla, ak and it has only gotten below 20 F like three or four times this winter. Very strange....

There's an old saying that goes something like this……………..If it's cold in Alaska, it's warm down here;  if it's warm in Alaska, it's cold here.

A first here for me………………I usually keep a gallon jug of water in the bed of my truck for the dogs and myself.  However, I've been keeping the jug in the cab of my truck overnight so it doesn't freeze.  My truck is garage kept, and usually it doesn't freeze in the bed, but for the last couple weeks it has been.  Anyhow, went on a run for adult beverages, and the jug was frozen solid sitting on the passenger side floor!!!! :wow:  :wow:

Edited by dorkweed

Don't know that I believe it or not, but the "official" high temp for Lake Villa, IL (where I live) was 1*F today.  Couldn't tell on my thermometer because the sun was skewing the reading.  It was still real cold today, but with less wind than yesterday.

It was a cold one here today started the day out at -9°F and hit a high of 4°F. I ended up spending most all of my day at work outside getting trucks running and brakes unfroze.  Its only supposed to drop down to 1° tonight and be up to around 21°F tomorrow so hopefully everything should start fine then although most everything that's at the yard now is inside.

Edited by bjytech

You guys are lucky. -21 this AM and got to a high of -5 for about an hour. -14 as I type this..... Supposed to get up to -2 tomorrow.

Yeah, I still woke up to -14*F here this AM, but when the sun gets around my house (noonish) and onto my thermometer, I don't get an accurate reading.  That said, yesterday with the sun shining on it, I never saw it higher than -8*F.  Today I saw it read 5*F…………….but the official site for my town was 1*F like I said above.

It was -1 in the morning but warmed up to 34 around 3.  After freezing so much, 34 felt like 80.  I went back and ripped everything off and finished the rest of the day with just a long sleeved shirt.  It was nice.