• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Alaska Weather!

rancherman

40 degrees and  flash flood  warnings  yesterday.....   what next?

seems  like  every 10-15 years   they'll see way above temps,   whilst  the  east coast   is   way  below average.

Oh,  sure,  propane is  going up  'cause of the   shortage.     I filled    early last week,  @ 1.85 gallon,   It's   2.10  now, and   might    push  dang  near  3.00  by    end of month.

I have two 1K gallon tanks and keep them filled so I have enough to ride me through major events like this, I use about 1100-1200 gallons/year and that is with my not so well insulated shops furnace running for about 4-5 months and keeping it at about 35*. If I do not run the shop furnace I can lower my use to about 700-800 gallons a year. I just looked at my tanks the other day, I filled in June last year and one tank is still full and the other is at about 10% now.

I use propane here too. I pre-buy my fuel every winter so I am covered. I normally buy 800 gallons, but this year I bought 1000 gallons at $1.799. If the retail price went down then I would get it at a lower price giving me extra on my pre-buy, but if the price went up I would have a maximum of what I paid. The news people say the price is now OVER $5.00 a gallon!

I just went to a seminar about taking a trip to Alaska. Anchorage is way warmer than here........

When I went to "horseshoeing school" back in '89, there was a fellow in class from Alaska.  He was a former computer guy from North Dakota, I believe…………….but he sold everything and moved the wife and kids to Alaska to live off the land.  He was going to horseshoeing school to learn to trim/shoe his horses to plow with etc.

Long story short……………He gets a call one day at the school.  It's his wife calling to ask what she should do about the car as she's driving to work in -80*F temps.  She would stop, and the engine temp gauge would slowly rise back to normal range.  When she'd start driving again the engine temp would drop.

Warm in Alaska………..bitterly cold in the lower 48.  Cold in Alaska………….milder in the lower 48.

I just looked and it is 41*F in Anchorage. Been -6*F here in northern Mn most of the evening. We won't even have a high temp in the next 10 days that is as high as their low temps for the same time period.

That actually happened because it is to warm up there. Nothing was able to build a good solid base in this warm weather they are having and this is the result from it. My old store manager used to be an outside salesman based out of Wasilla, AK and traveled the highway in that video once a week. Just crazy.