• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Afternoon Hike Up Shingle Creek / Rapid River

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Buddy and I decided to start getting in shape for fire season and start doing some hiking. So for our first trip we went up to the end of Rapid River road and parked but instead of following the Rapid River trail we headed more North West towards Shingle Creek.

post-1-0-20994400-1390750786_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-57442100-1390750797_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-93400500-1390750809_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-24008200-1390750821_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-45297700-1390750832_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-84759600-1390750844_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-51780900-1390687285_thumb.jpg

Now just looking at those pictures we are at roughly 3,500 feet looking out across from the south panning to the east then to the north. West we had reached the snow line. Not much but not worth trying to hike on a steep hillside and slick snow.

• Like 1

• Owner

Looks Beautiful!!! My dogs would love it!!! :thumb1:

Mine already loves running the yard and the hillside behind the house.

Oh man. I really miss the mountains. It is so ungodly flat out here in eastern ND.

Go West! There is plenty of mountains to play on.

You keep putting pictures like that up and I will be forced to come visit so I can see it for myself......

Well I'm not going to stop you. A matter of fact I might help you find a place to call home while your out here playing in the mountains.

I would actually like to relocate to western Montana to be perfectly honest. Used to go camping around Missoula and Flathead lake once in a while. I like being deep in the mountains with tons of tall trees. Much like mike I think.

Missoula is a odd area. Then going down the highway into Idaho is so very lonely for sure. I forget its like 65-77 miles of no services.

• Like 1

• Owner

That the beauty of this area with the low elevation of Riggins, ID at 1,800 feet you get high desert effect with the borderline of forest above you. So if you looking for warmer weather go towards Riggins, ID but if you looking for colder weather go towards New Meadows - McCall, ID and get way colder.