• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hydrotex Fuel Additive

Has anybody tried this stuff yet? I put a raptor on a guys pickup and he gave me two quarts of this stuff. He said he has been using it for years on his tractors and pickups. He said he has ran #2 all winter so far and hasnt had any problems that everybody else was having. I tried to find the hffr score but couldnt. If you search there is a 74 page study done on it.

Here is one of he links i found.

http://georgialubepartners.com/press%20release-sustain.htm

• Staff

Mopar Mike's got me so sold on 2 stroke for an additive, I really don't spend much time getting to know others. I even keep a case of gallon jugs on the shelf all the time. If the dollar's value goes, I think 2 stoke would still be good even at Mc Donalds for a hamburger. :)

Mopartech, I think that if there is no expressed score value, which is always the best selling point, there might be a reason.

Of course being wrong all my life has become  common practice with me :broke: Except for buying Cummins trucks. :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

that stuff must be pure evil.. or your customer parks his truck in a heated shop overnight...

You sure he's been only burning #2? It might be just what we need!

JAG: I got a msds Material Safey Data Sheet on a product they call

Artic formula. They have a lot of products... I figured this may be the one.

only talked about the hazardous ingredients..

Isopropyl alcohol, Aliphatic hydrocarbons, and Tolulene. How to extinguish a fire,

what to do if spilled, etc.

Edited by rancherman

• Staff

that stuff must be pure evil.. or your customer parks his truck in a heated shop overnight...

You sure he's been only burning #2? It might be just what we need!

JAG: I got a msds Material Safey Data Sheet on a product they call

Artic formula. They have a lot of products... I figured this may be the one.

only talked about the hazardous ingredients..

Isopropyl alcohol, Aliphatic hydrocarbons, and Tolulene. How to extinguish a fire,

what to do if spilled, etc.

Hmm, sounds like that's all they need to reveal, not the proprietary info.

Never know.... might just have right kind of snake oil.

I'm not a chemist but seems to me you need solvents to lower the cloud point in the fuel. I'd probly put in normal amount of 2 stroke then add the anti-gel stuff. Whatever amount of anti-gel goes in I'd add in again, that much more 2 stroke. I'd probly do a test overnight in a clear bottle letting sit outside to see how little it takes for no cloud in the fuel.

Edited by JAG1

The #2 your friend is using has to be a winterized #2, or it would gel at around 17 to 20 degrees. Even southern states have a blended #2 during the winter months.

Maybe I missed it, but the test appears to be a fuel efficiency/lubricity test only with no mention of any antigel properties.  According to the report, the HFRR was improved from 10-60 micron. According to the HFRR scoring standards, a + or - 20 micron change is considered insignificant due to testing variables.

Edited by diesel4life

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

Here is the problem... All diesel fuel in the US is about ~520 HFRR score and Bosch requires <450 HFRR to me designed standards.

bosch-testing.jpg

So if your using a anti-get most products tend to increase the HFRR score because they typically use Xylene and other products to prevent paraffin wax from gelling up. So how to keep pour point down and HFRR scores down? This is the biggest issue.

• Owner

Has  ANYONE  ever tested   treated fuel  PLUS   2 stroke?

Are you asking about fuel treated with an anti gel and 2 stroke or just 2 stroke @ 128:1?

I'm assuming treated is 520 HFRR standard diesel instead of the 636 HFRR of untreated diesel which was used in the other test.

well,  actually  I was thinking  anyone of the   so called  'antigel'  treatments      'howes',  powerservice,  etc.  plus  the  2 stroke.

Then  theres  always  the   'winterized'  fuels,    and  the    blended..    Winterized  around here   is kinda up to the  discretion  of the supplier.   it could  be   50/50   #1  #2,   or   any ratio  up or down,    then  any number of  his  'secret'  additives'   could be  blended in too~!

I wonder if  there's  a   independent   lab   me or you could  send  samples to?     A  quick search  only gave me  a couple of  global type mega labs.   

I"d like to send em  a  sample of   what I have  out of the barrel,    then one  treated with  a   product  such as   powerservice ( at  recommended and   ahem,  'actual'  dosage :ashamed:)    and   yet another  with   2 stroke  too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

well,  actually  I was thinking  anyone of the   so called  'antigel'  treatments      'howes',  powerservice,  etc.  plus  the  2 stroke.

Then  theres  always  the   'winterized'  fuels,    and  the    blended..    Winterized  around here   is kinda up to the  discretion  of the supplier.   it could  be   50/50   #1  #2,   or   any ratio  up or down,    then  any number of  his  'secret'  additives'   could be  blended in too~!

I wonder if  there's  a   independent   lab   me or you could  send  samples to?     A  quick search  only gave me  a couple of  global type mega labs.   

I"d like to send em  a  sample of   what I have  out of the barrel,    then one  treated with  a   product  such as   powerservice ( at  recommended and   ahem,  'actual'  dosage :ashamed:)    and   yet another  with   2 stroke  too.

There are labs in most states , you might try looking for Dept. of Weights & Measure in your home state , I knew people who used Southwest Research Labs too.

• 2 weeks later...