• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Son in accident

My son was in a motorcycle accident on the 4th of July. He's still in the hospital. Nothing broken, but a lot of road rash. He can't come home due to the amount of open wounds. Goin to need skin grafts. Bad situation. Mother told him she didn't want to get a motorcycle. The dreaded 3am call from the authorities. Life flighted to hospital. He should make a full recovery, but probably will have scars. His face is pretty bad. Check out that chunk of meat missing from his left elbow. They had to change the dressing today which has a vac pump to keep swelling down. Even with morphine brought tears to his eyes. There is like a sponge covering the wound and clear tape over that which makes a tight seal for the vacuum to remove any build up of fluid. Trooper though. Pic was taken 4 hours after life flight. Finding out how good the health insurance is. Over $100k so far in hospital bills. Insurance company says $3,750 in out if pocket costs. One of the benefits of Obama care. He's 20 years old and is still covered by his mom and my insurance. Lucky guy for that! Would hate to see a 20 years old with that kind of debt over his head. He's a good kid. Working 2 jobs and going to school for law inforcement. One job is a private cop for a retail establishment. Arrests shoplifters and detains for police. Just lacks adult experiences. He's sure his Harley has a soul. Lol. 1,200 miles on it and wrecked.

A2FFB530-2656-4CF7-A81B-192B37D52139.jpg

Edited by joecool911

• Staff

In my teens I had a motorcycle accident. Afterward I drove much more safely as impulses seemed to take over once in awhile before that.

I am glad to hear he'll be alright again.

Glad he is doing ok. Was there another vehicle involved? Who or what actually caused the crash? I am not looking for morbid details except looking for some place else to get insurance from to help pay medical bills.

• Owner

Sorry to hear about this hopefully he heals up quickly.

I'm also a motorcycle rider too. Many many years of riding motorcycles from dirt bikes to full cruisers like a Goldwing. Sad to say the bigger the motorcycle get the easier it is for something to go wrong. I parked my Goldwing because of a overheat issue and never been back on it.

It was self inflicted. Caught some gravel and lost control. No one else to spread blame or financial responsibility to.

Well, that shot that idea down. Just remember, they are called accidents for a reason. Hang in there, like what was said, it will be a while before he is up and around like it didn't happen.

Oh man, Sending healing thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!!! When I moved back to the Tampa area several years ago, I sold my motorcycle because these idiots down here are too scary to ride around!!!  This will sound goofy... But on wounds I will use my horses products. There are a couple of really good ones for serious wound care Google the names  for reviews and before and after pictures. I will try to find the before and after pics of a couple of horse injuries that these products cleared up over the years. Vetericyn is one of them and here is a link to some testimonials http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_reviews_view.html?groupguid=ca828b68-47a5-417e-ae0a-0dc0e74149c2 And Banixx is another http://banixx.com/success-stories Hey, if it is good enough for my horses it is good enough for me!! 

• Like 1

Young living essential oils are the best thing on the planet for fast MRSA and super bug free healing wthout use of synthetic medications that bring along many more health issues, they also work wonders on animals my wife uses them on her horses. PM me for details, wife and I are both distributers.

Hope he saddles back up. I have been riding motorcycles since not long after I learned to ride bicycle, 1976 Honda trail 70 and up from there dirt bikes to cruisers as Mike said. I Had one bad MC accident where a car didn't see me  & pulled out in front of me and stopped dead center in middle of road when she spotted me, I couldn't stop or avoid her and t-boned her in the driver side at 20 mph, totalled the car and the bike but I bought the bike back from insurance and fixd it and sold it to another guy who put over 100k miles on it after i sold it. I had numerous injuries but walked away from it on my own and didn't have a hospital stay just a visit to the hospital for a doctor to tell me what I alredy knew :doh:  and am still feeling the effects of some of the injuries 20 years later yet.

• Like 1

• Staff

I quite agree with you YabbaDoo, those ointments do work well.

I should not say this but aside from hospitals and doctors saving lives, the hospital price levels are quite the scam in my opinion.

Joe you had a bad 4th this year...sorry to hear about your son I hope he gets well soon.

I gotta tell ya, I grew up on the back of all my uncles Indians and Harleys so owning one myself was not if but when when I came of age.

Lost a couple of friends in school to bike wrecks but the big one that hit home was my uncle. His best friend owned a mint 48 Indian and hit a deer on it and died. My uncle bought it from his friends wife and him and I fixed it up over the course of two years. He finally got it going about midway through the summer of 2007. Rode it over to my house to drop off a present to my son for his birthday and was leaving from here to go to bike night over in PA. Just across the Causeway bridge into PA (not 5 miles from my house) a teenager backed out of a driveway and he hit the car broad side and was killed instantly. It was the second time he had ever been on that bike. That was it for me, haven't been on one since. Too many idiots out there that just don't pay attention and you don't stand a chance when they invade your space.

Edited by diesel4life
  • Like 1

• Owner

A lot of people voicing about accidents motorcycle vs. car/truck. I'm also one that had a few bad accidents motorcycle vs. car. I would have to agree like out here its getting pretty bad with idiots on the road passing on double yellows and with on coming traffic. I'd rather ride my ATV up a forestry road at a nice slow 20-35 MPH.

I truly feel bad that anyone has to get hurt doing something enjoyable like riding motorcycles. It's a experience everyone should enjoy at least once.

My Dad put me on a mini bike when I was 6 road for 26 years after that, let me tell you I can share some really bad ones that I should not be here, but I will just give you the last one. I hit the back of tractor trailer doing 70mph, this was before the new law that trailer had to have a bumper. I do not know what saved my life but the people there said they heard a loud bang. I remember the tail lights of the trailer and I just rolled off to the left. Both the rims on the left where centered with the axle. I guess the air pressure of the tires blowing out could have save me I don't know. They said I refused ambulance service, some people got me out of the media and propped me up against a Fox photo hut. lol  That should tell you how long ago that was. All I could do was ask hows my scooter. I went to the doctor 5 hours later when a friend of mine found me, I was talking to people that weren't even there. 22 stiches in my head, broke foot, dislocated knee, broke hand, road rash every where. I did put my bike back together, only put 600 miles on it in 2 years then lost all desire to ride. I still love getting in the wind now and then but its over.
I hope your son rides with care, real care from here on out. Its no joke out there this days.
I wasn't going to tell this part but it may help others. I was riding with another biker, he was in the far left lane of two lane hwy and I was in the right lane. Cars where coming up on us fast so I motion to him to move over to the right lane and let the cars pass. I moved all the way over to the right hand side of right hand lane. I felt something wasn't right so I looked back to see what was up. He stopped moving over in the right hand side of the left lane. I looked fowared and the truck was there stopped in the hwy, dead stop.
The guy I was riding with had warrants out on him so he took off, thanks Howard. But he did call my friend who found me. 

• Staff

Truck repair bills are many times cheaper than paying the deductible and co-pay on a hospital bill.

I would much rather be in the truck now a days than I would being so much more vulnerable against these crazy drivers.

If you like motorcycles, roll down the windows and open the rear slider. That is the safer way to feel the wind in your face.

Edited by JAG1

Oh wow. Didn't see this till just now. Hope he heals up well. Hate hearing when a rider goes down.

I'm getting ready to sell mine. We decided to try and buy a 5r and need to get rid of the scoot. I originally got it planning on some cross country trips, but the wife would rather trailer the bike behind and go for day rides when we get there. So the Electra Glide is kinda big for that. Might get a road king or sloptail later. Who knows.