• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

dead pedal and hot weather

I moved from the Seattle area to  Chelan Washington ,I have had the truck for a little over 1 year .it is a dodge 2002 5.9 4x4 automatic . I added the fuel pressure gauge and  a fass ddrp with a inline pre filter ,the truck has 74.000 miles and has 15psi at the injection pump .since the weather is a lot warmer the dead pedal seems to show up and when I went back to north bend I didn't act up.... till I went back to Chelan .I did replace the sensor (apps)  and when the air is cool no problem .I get the fuel from the same place in so I don't think that's anything to do with it .

thanks kelly

• Owner

10 psi

not...make it 7

Ummm... The PSG on top of the VP44 is overheating. Your WOT pressure needs to be above 14 PSI as a minimum. Idle doesn't count because the VP44 isn't under stress but WOT it being highly stressed electronics are creating more heat and the return flow to the tank is close at pressures below 14 PSI. So now you lost all cooling of the PSG.

But Mike has what we call an "old school" Airdog 150. The new ones are junk - although a few people have good luck with them, I wouldn't risk spending $600 on a pump that is more than likely going to crap out.

I recommend a FASS Titanium 150 GPH lift pump.

• Like 2

• Owner

But Mike has what we call an "old school" Airdog 150. The new ones are junk - although a few people have good luck with them, I wouldn't risk spending $600 on a pump that is more than likely going to crap out.

I recommend a FASS Titanium 150 GPH lift pump.

Yea AirDog's are not what they once were.

As for FASS I tend to still favor the twin filtered FASS over the single.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I am running an AD II 165 in mine. Put it in about 5 years ago. The pump crapped out about 6 months ago. AD sent me a new no questions asked and it is still working fine. I be hard pressed to gamble on a new on. However if this pump holds up maybe they have gotten thru there bad time, but that still makes it a gamble on AD.

• 4 weeks later...