• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Are you aware of the silent killer?

hex0rz

I must say, it has taken me until now, that I finally see this. The killer has been exposed, and I'm taking care of it! Just recently been to the dentist and got my checkup and cleaning. Been much too long without seeing the dentist and getting a cleaning. I focused more on the wifes well being than mine. Did not have insurance and never could justify the expense of seeing the dentist.

This trip though, has taken my whole outlook on my mouth in a whole new direction! I'm trying to redeem myself as best as possible and I pray that it can be stopped in its tracks. We all have our excuses for dental hygiene and I'm just like every other person who neglects things because of life being hectic. It was always get up, dress, eat as your getting out the door to go to work. Get home, shower, eat, get to bed for the next day!

Well, it just so turns that by just neglecting 5 minutes of my life for too long, has made things worse. Now, I'm not at the point of no return, and by many standards, not bad compared to others. But if it had gone unchecked, I could be looking at many more complicating things to my life down the road! I have been diagnosed with periodontal disease. Many people in the US have it in some form or another. It just so happens that I have just the first stages of it.

It did not become relevant to how bad it was until the dentist showed me my xrays. I was looking at bone loss in between my teeth! Scary stuff! Bacteria strong enough to eat bone! They scaled me and I have pockets that go as deep as 5mm. Now, not as deep as later stages, but 3 is the most an average person should see.

What got me, is the fact this is the first place that ever said anything about it! Yea, I had some say I had gingivitis, etc. But nothing like this! They were very adamant about treating me, and I definitely followed through. Matter of fact, I see them tomorrow for some treatment. Getting laser surgery, etc. To the tune of one of my checks for working 2 weeks! This is after insurance coverage pays!

Do your due diligence, brush and floss those dang food crushers 2x a day! This experience has turned me into a hypersensitive individual now and I'm doing it religiously! Read up on periodontal disease. Its more than just bleeding gums, bone and gum loss, teeth falling out. They are finding it is cause for many cardio problems, like heart disease, heart attacks, buildups of plaque in the arteries, etc! Its about long term health! If I stay like this now and until I die, its going to affect my health when I'm older!

Here is a bigger problem. I have to struggle to find what is right for me to use and what is not! Like all things, there is poison not in just our food, air, but the health products we take to get better! Research what you use for toothpaste, mouthwash, etc! You WILL be startled!

..but there is one thing, 2 very kind people have done for me and my family. They enabled me to do something that I could not justify before, but because they really did not know how badly I need it in my life, they will never know how much I appreciate having it now!

Rosalie and Mike,

THANK YOU, for the wonderful colloidal silver generator!

Without this, I would not be able to turn to a new method for mouthwash that did not contain the terrible chemicals that cause more problems than do good!

• Like 1

i have had this for YEARS! my pockets are 9-15, root plaining was my only option. helped some. now i brush and rinse with mouthwash 3 times a day. might just yank them all out n go with implants.

your mouth is WAY to important to not take care of. i've been fighting this for the better part of 15 years. i've always had good brushing and flossing habits. cleanings twice a year. mine is genetic. (thanks dad) 

you being the early stages. i think you'll be able to control yours fine.

I went 12 years without seeing the inside of a dentist office and only in the last year have I started going again. Same reasons as you, no insurance (until I landed my current job), putting my wife through an EXPENSIVE 4 year degree, and raising 2 children. Through it all I kept my due dilegence by brushing twice a day, flossing most, and rinsing with fluoride daily. What landed me back in the captains chair was a crown that went bad and ended up having to have it pulled because I let it go too long. Fortunately it was my rear molar, but it was the first tooth I've ever lost and it did not sit well with me. So I'm back in the routine of 6 month check ups. Aside from that one tooth I lost, I had one tooth that was beginning to show signs of a cavity but they were able to polish it up and did not require a filling, so all in all I was very lucky. The dentist told me the fluoride rinse is a big deal and helped keep my teeth in the condition they are, especially since I don't drink chlorified city water that has trace amounts of fluoride in it.

For many years I have used hydrogen peroxide full strength right out of the bottle.  Use it after brushing my teeth once or twice a week, any more than that can irritate the mouth lining,  take a mouth full  and swish it between my teeth for about 20 minutes.  It reacts with all of the plaque and bacteria that resides in your mouth.  My dentist and the hygienist always comment on how clean and healthy my teeth and gums are.  Take care of what you have......it will not get better with age.  :(  

Haven't been to the dentist in over 12 years.  Prior to that I hadn't been to the dentist for at least another 12 years.  In between, I went a couple times, as I had a dentist as a customer!!

Never have had a cavity or a filling in my whole life..................50+ years now!!  

Have a "cousin-in-law" that is a dentist...................I tell him of my situation every time I see him.  He tells me not to come in unless there's a problem.

Brush and floss regularly.

there is something to be said for alcoholics, my mom passed away form this at 50 but not a cavity one. i never in my life saw her brush her teeth.

my dad as well still kicken at 69 all his original teeth no issues. i think it's the Jack Daniels killin everything in there.

My dentist told me only floss the teeth you want to keep.

• Like 1

Haven't been to the dentist in over 12 years.  Prior to that I hadn't been to the dentist for at least another 12 years.  In between, I went a couple times, as I had a dentist as a customer!!

Never have had a cavity or a filling in my whole life..................50+ years now!!  

Have a "cousin-in-law" that is a dentist...................I tell him of my situation every time I see him.  He tells me not to come in unless there's a problem.

This along with choice of diet is the key. And a little JD on the rocks never hurt anybody!

My grandma died at 96 never a single cavity in her life and still had all her teeth and never drank. I rarely brush and stay as far away from the industrial waste called fluoride as possible. I do live with floss picks and or tooth picks in my mouth or pocket at all times and have 2 fillings I got right after I got my adult teeth and have not had a single tooth issue in 35+ years but do get a cleaning and checkup every 6 months and always have as was mentioned before your mouth is one of the most important parts of heath care. I think I inherited my grandmas good mouth bacteria lol.  Wife and I are Young living essential oils users and distributers and use thieves toothpaste and thieves mouth wash which is also as good as if not better than colloidal silver in the grand scheme of things, little known but thieves essential oils have been known to control the ebola virus as well. At any sign of a sore throat or any other bug I load up on thieves mouthwash and other thieves products and have not had a common cold in several years and have not had the flu in many more years and do not get vaccines.

• Staff

I think we'd be better off if we had em all yanked out at first sign of problems. Biggest scam I know of is dentists. How many hundreds of thousands so we pour into our teeth over our lifetime?

Yep... and the Amalgam they use to fill your teeth with. Got lead or something poisonous like that anyway.

Have all my teeth at 62 but started breaking when doc told me to eat more almonds Gotta get in to the dentist soon for me anyway.

My wife has had bad luck with her teeth as well, numerous cavities and broken teeth and has spent a small fortune replacing old metal fillings with porcelain caps and crowns. I have been seeing the same dentist for 30 years and he has no idea what the first dentist used for filling material in my 2 fillings, he said it is harder than anything he has ever seen and even after 35 years they look like new yet which he says is unheard of, needless to say my dentist makes little money off me but makes up for it with my wife, she too grew up in a household of little to no money so preventative maintenance of teeth was a last resort, just dealt with it after the issue was developed.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at one time by an oral surgeon when in college, and glad of it, have seen way too many people suffer through the process one at a time with wisdom teeth and infections ect.

i have had this for YEARS! my pockets are 9-15, root plaining was my only option. helped some. now i brush and rinse with mouthwash 3 times a day. might just yank them all out n go with implants.

your mouth is WAY to important to not take care of. i've been fighting this for the better part of 15 years. i've always had good brushing and flossing habits. cleanings twice a year. mine is genetic. (thanks dad) 

you being the early stages. i think you'll be able to control yours fine.

9-15?! Holy cow. They have not fallen out yet?!

I've heard that due to conditions back in the 1800's more people died due to lack of dental hygene than anything else.

...IIRC, I believe it was called trenchmouth.

I went 12 years without seeing the inside of a dentist office and only in the last year have I started going again. Same reasons as you, no insurance (until I landed my current job), putting my wife through an EXPENSIVE 4 year degree, and raising 2 children. Through it all I kept my due dilegence by brushing twice a day, flossing most, and rinsing with fluoride daily. What landed me back in the captains chair was a crown that went bad and ended up having to have it pulled because I let it go too long. Fortunately it was my rear molar, but it was the first tooth I've ever lost and it did not sit well with me. So I'm back in the routine of 6 month check ups. Aside from that one tooth I lost, I had one tooth that was beginning to show signs of a cavity but they were able to polish it up and did not require a filling, so all in all I was very lucky. The dentist told me the fluoride rinse is a big deal and helped keep my teeth in the condition they are, especially since I don't drink chlorified city water that has trace amounts of fluoride in it.

Wow, man! You have alot better luck than alot of us! I have my opinions on flouride though...

For many years I have used hydrogen peroxide full strength right out of the bottle.  Use it after brushing my teeth once or twice a week, any more than that can irritate the mouth lining,  take a mouth full  and swish it between my teeth for about 20 minutes.  It reacts with all of the plaque and bacteria that resides in your mouth.  My dentist and the hygienist always comment on how clean and healthy my teeth and gums are.  Take care of what you have......it will not get better with age.  :(  

20 minutes?! Thats a long time... What do you mean full strength? I asked the hygienist about peroxide and she said, "NO WAY"! I dunno...

You are luckier than d4l! Sheesh!

My grandma died at 96 never a single cavity in her life and still had all her teeth and never drank. I rarely brush and stay as far away from the industrial waste called fluoride as possible. I do live with floss picks and or tooth picks in my mouth or pocket at all times and have 2 fillings I got right after I got my adult teeth and have not had a single tooth issue in 35+ years but do get a cleaning and checkup every 6 months and always have as was mentioned before your mouth is one of the most important parts of heath care. I think I inherited my grandmas good mouth bacteria lol.  Wife and I are Young living essential oils users and distributers and use thieves toothpaste and thieves mouth wash which is also as good as if not better than colloidal silver in the grand scheme of things, little known but thieves essential oils have been known to control the ebola virus as well. At any sign of a sore throat or any other bug I load up on thieves mouthwash and other thieves products and have not had a common cold in several years and have not had the flu in many more years and do not get vaccines.

I've been looking into EO's ever since I got into beekeeping. My mother is into it as well so I have been experimenting with it. I'm familiar with young living as they and doterra are the only two I know of that make ingestible EO's. I'm going to need to look into some alternative for mouthwash and toothpaste. Hygienist told me not to get any alcoholic mouthwash but I don't trust much of anything else. When I reasearched the stuff they prescribed me, I found out the current toothpaste I'm using it no better than flouridated!

I think we'd be better off if we had em all yanked out at first sign of problems. Biggest scam I know of is dentists. How many hundreds of thousands so we pour into our teeth over our lifetime?

I told the wife I can pay anyone to pull teeth. Could even do it for free! Just get hammered like nobodies business! Then go in and get some good dentures! LOL!

My wife has had bad luck with her teeth as well, numerous cavities and broken teeth and has spent a small fortune replacing old metal fillings with porcelain caps and crowns. I have been seeing the same dentist for 30 years and he has no idea what the first dentist used for filling material in my 2 fillings, he said it is harder than anything he has ever seen and even after 35 years they look like new yet which he says is unheard of, needless to say my dentist makes little money off me but makes up for it with my wife, she too grew up in a household of little to no money so preventative maintenance of teeth was a last resort, just dealt with it after the issue was developed.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at one time by an oral surgeon when in college, and glad of it, have seen way too many people suffer through the process one at a time with wisdom teeth and infections ect.

Last episode with the dentist for my wife, she had 16 cavities! :ahhh:  Thats why I did not have my dental care in recent past... She is indian and has hairline fractures in her teeth. But she also has some very straight teeth! I just pray and hope our children will have all the best qualities and features from us both! I don't want to see anyone else go through this crap!

So I had my deep cleaning done yesterday. Then the hygienist used the laser in my perio pockets. I went to work right after the appt. I have had 2 other deep cleans in my life and I think she was the best yet! My mouth did not hurt a single bit afterwards! Well, atleast not due to the fact of the cleaning. I had a bite block in the whole time and it made my jaw sore!

So my arsenal for fighting the war in my mouth is:

1. Sonicare tooth brush

2. Colloidal silver mouthwash

3. Floss and a water flosser. Dentist has one that has a magnet in it that is proven to reduce plaque/tarter.

I'm excited to see how this will shape my future!

I go back in, in 3 months for a perio maintenance to see how things progress.

...who could have known talking about teeth would have elicited such a response! :cookoo:

Deep cleaning? Did they use an ultrasonic on you? I get root planing 2-3 times a year. I spend 1-2 grand a year on my mouth to keep my teeth. Only two root canals.

I was homeless at age 14. Didn't have much in the way of a good mentor back then. By the time I educated myself it was almost to late.

Doterra was started by several former employees of Young living and are trying to copy Young living and are in a lawsuit brought on by Young living right now.

Young living is the real deal, Doterra is a copy cat with no way possible to get the same quality and purity of product YL has..

Here you go all you need for oral care products.

http://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/beauty/oral-care

As far as your wife and her overall health and her heritage she needs to seriously consider a grain free lifestyle for sure to avoid future health issues and to help with if any current ones.

Deep cleaning? Did they use an ultrasonic on you? I get root planing 2-3 times a year. I spend 1-2 grand a year on my mouth to keep my teeth. Only two root canals.

I was homeless at age 14. Didn't have much in the way of a good mentor back then. By the time I educated myself it was almost to late.

No ultrasonic. Just scaler/planer tool. Man, I'm kind of shocked you have not just decided to go a different route with your teeth!

Doterra was started by several former employees of Young living and are trying to copy Young living and are in a lawsuit brought on by Young living right now.

Young living is the real deal, Doterra is a copy cat with no way possible to get the same quality and purity of product YL has..

Here you go all you need for oral care products.

http://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/beauty/oral-care

As far as your wife and her overall health and her heritage she needs to seriously consider a grain free lifestyle for sure to avoid future health issues and to help with if any current ones.

I googled the whole situation and briefly read up on it. From what I gather, its about accusations of adulterated oils on both sides... I'm going to try some blends from both companies as a place in town has young living and my mother does doterra. I don't care about the company per se, as I'm more concerned about quality, price and effectiveness.

She does not have a gluten intolerance, if thats what your trying to say?

Has nothing to do with Gluten intolerance per say, we all have that weather we have symptoms or not as the health issues will show up in time as it is cumulative, humans are and were never meant to eat grains "seeds" from grasses like wheat, corn, barley, rice, oats and others period. Pretty much every disease and health issue in modern society can be related directly to the consumption of grain products. Read the books by Dr. William Davis, "Wheat belly" and then "Wheat belly total health" and you will have a total new outlook on what you put in your body and why, here is a link to his site, http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2011/07/who-is-dr-william-davis/. I lost 80 lbs in 7 month starting January 10 going grain free and exercising alone, my Blood glucose and cholesterol are now perfect as is my Body mass index and I have never had this kind of energy in my life all joint pains and aches have disappeared as well, now that I have detoxed from the crap and grains I eat about 1/3 of what I used to and have 100x more energy all day without the ups and downs every few hours.

Do not fall for any product labeled "Gluten free", most are worse than eating the wheat product as they remove wheat and then add more sugar fat and starches from other gluten containing grains like corn, rice and barley flour to make up for the loss of the wheat gluten which gives things taste and texture. I started with going wheat free and was losing lots of weight and then went gluten free and my weight loss stalled out almost immediately and that is when I did major research and found Dr. William Davis as almost every study and research always came back to his research at which time I decided to go grain free even before reading his books but after experiencing major health benefits and then reading the book on the back side made lots of things make sense.

If it is quality and effectiveness then YL is the way to go as no other company has the resources to guarantee the quality and purity of the plants and products used to produce the EO and related products like YL.