• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New injectors now starting takes a little longer

Install some DAP 7x.009 injectors. Everything went smooth and took my time checking everything. Tightened everything to spec's. Bled the system after installing and she cranked right up. Nothing leaks but now after sitting over night I have to crank on it a good minute or so to get it started. Before I couldn't hardly get my hand on the key and it would be running. At first I thought it may be some air in the system still seeking higher ground but after a couple weeks Im starting to wonder if maybe it's something else. I cleaned everything good and also put new orings on the crossovers. Any ideas on what else I should look for.

Also have fass lift pump 17 at idle and never below 14-14.5. After first start it during the day starts good there after. Just sitting over night causes the problems. Thanks

Egts or coolent temps? At idle the exhaust temps we right around 270-280. Coolent temps seem normal when after warmed up at idle. I wanted to get a set from contagious diesel but never could get a hold of them. After getting these from dap they looked like they had some age but did have new nozzles as far as I could tell.

I don't think they are new, maybe sonic cleaned and pop tested, you want to check each cylinder temp, at same spot as close to head as possible, 20-40 f might be ok IMO, anything like 50 or more would be a concern. Seems like first and last will be cooler and rest will be slightly hotter. You'll need a laser temp gauge to check it with. It's actually not laser but thermo something, laser just get you to right range.

Thanks, I noticed it's kinda surges when first taking off like your just tapping the throttle. It just doesn't seem right after these injectors were in. I will check with a laser gun and if they aren't close to being the same I'll be calling dap and getting a different set from someone else. Just hate to have to go thru that whole process again of the install. I hate licking that calf twice.

Thanks, I noticed it's kinda surges when first taking off like your just tapping the throttle. It just doesn't seem right after these injectors were in. I will check with a laser gun and if they aren't close to being the same I'll be calling dap and getting a different set from someone else. Just hate to have to go thru that whole process again of the install. I hate licking that calf twice.

I hear you, but lately a lot of people been getting screwed, and that's part of reason the only time I take my vehicles to the shop is for alignment, tire balance or something I can't do myself.
  • Like 1

I know what you mean. I do all my own work also. Just expected the parts I ordered to be a good product. I know about the tire shops too. I take my tires off and haul them in have them changed then I put them bac on. Alignment is the only thing I don't do also.

Yep ran fine just wanted to put a little more pep in her step for towing. Work is all I use the truck for its not a dd. Im in the process of putting a edge juice w/a in it also. I was going to see if maybe it ran different with some timing and maybe a little extra squirt in the belly. But I think there is something just quite not right because of the starting and when taking off from a stop. 148k on the clock and as far as injectors was never touched. If I have to pull them next go around I will put all new cross over tubes and I think I will go with brand new Bosch 245rv's in it.

Yep ran fine just wanted to put a little more pep in her step for towing. Work is all I use the truck for its not a dd. Im in the process of putting a edge juice w/a in it also. I was going to see if maybe it ran different with some timing and maybe a little extra squirt in the belly. But I think there is something just quite not right because of the starting and when taking off from a stop. 148k on the clock and as far as injectors was never touched. If I have to pull them next go around I will put all new cross over tubes and I think I will go with brand new Bosch 245rv's in it.

Might not be a bad choice, as nobody messed with 245s, and with edge it would be a good setup. Hopefully dap can take yours back and give you hell of a deal on rvs as they are not going to give you your original injectors back for a core you gave them.

He replaced the O rings on the tubes, so they had to come out.

OP, when you did the install, did you tighten the injector hold downs, then loosen them, then insert the crossovers, torque crossovers, THEN torque injector hold downs? that is proper procedure & if not sone that way, the crossovers might not seat properly & cause the issue. Might be worth going over the procedure again to check. Only takes 1/2 hour or so.

Ed

I pulled crossover tubes and cleaned and replaced new orings that came from DAP. I reinstalled injectors first by torquing to 40 in lbs and backing off then inserting crossovers and tightening them then torquing the injectors to I think was 74 in lbs. I was very carefull as to not nick or damage any of the crossovers taking them out or putting them back in. Made sure all brass washers came out with old injectors and when reinserting new injectors i put just a small dot of grease on the new brass washers to hold in place while inserting new injectors.

• Like 1