• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Carpet or rubber floor mat

angus

I tend to prefer carpet over rubber. The rubber flooring typically end up rotting the floor board out of the truck.

The carpet is just such a pain to keep clean.. I would even consider spaying undercoat on first just to have the conveinence of the rubber flooring.. I think I have reached the age where practical out weighs fashion everytime LOL!

Well, I`m really not looking for "floor mats" I`m looking for the rubber floor covering to replace the carpet with.

I have never seen a quad cab with the rubber flooring?? but I suspect it is probably offered in their base models or service trucks.

If I can`t find what I am looking for I will just opt for the replacement carpet.  I think I could spend half a day scrubbing my light grey rug and its still not really going to look clean.

Going with   bedliner only, on my ranch truck      But  if  the  noise  is  too   ringy dingy,    I'll  pop  a rubber one  back

Rhino liner?? Hmm... Maybe if it was strickly a farm truck LOL!  My old GMC has an OEM rubber floor covering in it,, and a shop vac a bottle of armor all and 20 mins later she looks like brand new

I ordered my '99 with the vinyl floor rather than the carpet.  I loved it!!  If I could've gotten the vinyl floor in my '04.5, I would have for sure.

There surely is some place to order it??  I`m thinking about checking the local stealership, but I know it will be a bend over and grab your ankles experience.....

If your having problems with keeping them clean, Scotch Guard them. When new, I just sprayed the heck out of them. Stunk like all hell until they dried, but with 4 - 5 heavy spray jobs on them, haven't had a problem since. I've done this to all my vehicles since they came out with that stuff, carpets and the rest, like the seats. Cleans easy and repels water. If your carpets have never been treated, clean the heck out of them and give it a try.  But give it a good chance to dry fully. 

My 99 Laramie SLT 2500 V10 came with factory rubber flooring and it was the best thing ever, I would recommend it to anyone who actually uses their rigs or drags dirt mud snow ect in. I loved it sweep it out and wipe it out. It was way easier to keep clean that carpeting is. If I ever had to replace carpeting in a pickup I would go back with the OEM rubber hands down.

• Like 1

• Owner

Being your going for rubber flooring make sure to lift the flooring and check for moisture and dry it out from time to time. Most people tend to love the idea of just hosing the mud and mess out but you have to remember your putting water below the rubber liner to so make sure to dry it out. Even the guys that just broom or brush the floor clean in the winter months with all the snow and ice brings lots of moisture so again make sure to dry it out.

A lot of guys up here opted for rubber flooring and they tend to have the worse failures of cab floors rusting out and looking like the Flintstone's...

The backing of carpet in most vehicles is rubber / plastic lined as well so it comes down to being able to clean the outer surface easier without the carpet in the end, they all have the ability to trap moisture under them especially the synthetic carpets of today, they do not breath any better than a plastic bag.

• Like 1