• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Teardown and Rebuild

7 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

:lol: let's just say between working for Lockheed Martin and purchasing a business with my brother I'm doing better than I was before! Besides, I love my big blue turd.... and it hates me.... so I give it money to make it love me back!

Congrtas on the job and the business. I need to put some extra cash in mine. Just not seeing much extra these days. Mine is blue and silver and I have loved since I bought in in 01. While I am in mine more for longevity than monster HP, I can see why folks want more of the HP. I just have Comp on mine and it still amazes me how much power it produces. I can still jump most anyone on the interstate if I get a small jump on them. That being said I am only about 2 months away from turning 400k on big blue. I am getting a little a both worlds. I would not however pass up a chance to take a ride in yours if you cna keep it running right. Still cant believe you got it back after it was stolen. I just knew that turd was targeted.

21 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I don't know if there are words to explain the feelings your truck has for you.  I reread through this last night and it seemed like eveyr page there was a  "well crappy day, x y z blew up"

The only parts in the drivetrain left are the front / rear diff, springs, control arms, and steering box. Everything else has been rebuilt or replaced. HOPEFULLY this pump will alleviate some issues.  

13 minutes ago, dripley said:

Congrtas on the job and the business. I need to put some extra cash in mine. Just not seeing much extra these days. Mine is blue and silver and I have loved since I bought in in 01. While I am in mine more for longevity than monster HP, I can see why folks want more of the HP. I just have Comp on mine and it still amazes me how much power it produces. I can still jump most anyone on the interstate if I get a small jump on them. That being said I am only about 2 months away from turning 400k on big blue. I am getting a little a both worlds. I would not however pass up a chance to take a ride in yours if you cna keep it running right. Still cant believe you got it back after it was stolen. I just knew that turd was targeted.

Currently still in school :doh:  but I'll be full time come May!

HP is a sickness... once you start going up it's very hard to stop. You have more than gotten your money out of yours though. If I were at 400K I'd be worried about the drivetrain getting a bit loose. 

Anytime you're in the Denver area let me know! I've got a week off for spring break starting the 25th and I plan on having the swap done in less than a week, then I'll bug @jlbayes about tuning it until he's sick of me. 

Other than replacing the front u joints the whole drive line after the tranny is OE. I have the part to do the rear drive shaft but am going to let a driveline shop at home do the front. Just dont want to mess with the dbl cardan joint my self. You are right, I have gotten my monies worth out of it. I needs some work but just keeps on going. I hope to retire here in 1 year 364 days. I will park it then and give her some big loving. Right now she is going to have to settle for a long kiss.

7 minutes ago, dripley said:

Other than replacing the front u joints the whole drive line after the tranny is OE. I have the part to do the rear drive shaft but am going to let a driveline shop at home do the front. Just dont want to mess with the dbl cardan joint my self. You are right, I have gotten my monies worth out of it. I needs some work but just keeps on going. I hope to retire here in 1 year 364 days. I will park it then and give her some big loving. Right now she is going to have to settle for a long kiss.

I have come to hate drivelines :shifty: If I every have any U joint issues it's going to the shop for the joint and to be balanced every time. Congrats on retiring soon!

5 minutes ago, trreed said:

Just a little off topic, but i'm doing my best to copy you!  :poke:Next it'll be twins and a blown VP lol

IMG_3155.JPG

I think you should start a thread called: "Trevor copying Tyler's build thread" :lmao: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

I think you should start a thread called: "Trevor copying Tyler's build thread" :lmao: 

I probably should..... Considering I'm building my truck in the same path you took and my truck would be stock if I hadn't met you lol...  But couldn't pass them up for the price.

You might be amazed at how long a driveline lasts if you only put 350 or so HP thru it. I do plane to have the rear driveshaft balanced but still want to do the work myself. Already have the parts. I have the press and it will be the 4th time used it. Just trying to get my monies worth out of. 

Thanks for the retirement wishes. Wish you the best luck on your career. Hope the politicians dont F it up for the future. They sure are trying hard to do it.

12 minutes ago, trreed said:

I probably should..... Considering I'm building my truck in the same path you took and my truck would be stock if I hadn't met you lol...  But couldn't pass them up for the price.

That means you need to buy both of my quad boxes, smarty, and TST!

10 minutes ago, dripley said:

You might be amazed at how long a driveline lasts if you only put 350 or so HP thru it. I do plane to have the rear driveshaft balanced but still want to do the work myself. Already have the parts. I have the press and it will be the 4th time used it. Just trying to get my monies worth out of. 

Thanks for the retirement wishes. Wish you the best luck on your career. Hope the politicians dont F it up for the future. They sure are trying hard to do it.

Mine is still alive, it just got out of balance after changing U joints. Then a month later I had to have it shortened for the G56. :mad: 

18 minutes ago, dripley said:

forgot about the G56. Still running the old nv5600.

It and the NP271 were a pain to swap, but at least I don't have to worry about them for a while!

5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

You poor soul :lmao:

My soul feels great right now thanks to Crown Royal. Those Canadians sure know how to brew a smooth whiskey! Yes, this truck tends to drive me to drink :shifty: 

6 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

My soul feels great right now thanks to Crown Royal. Those Canadians sure know how to brew a smooth whiskey! Yes, this truck tends to drive me to drink :shifty: 

OOO it's Scotch-O-thirty...be back in a bit.

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

:lol: let's just say between working for Lockheed Martin and purchasing a business with my brother I'm doing better than I was before! Besides, I love my big blue turd.... and it hates me.... so I give it money to make it love me back!

You'll do fine when you get married,  and attention too, I guess women and truck have few things in common. 

6 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

OOO it's Scotch-O-thirty...be back in a bit.

For me it's whiskey O'clock!!

5 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

You'll do fine when you get married,  and attention too, I guess women and truck have few things in common. 

They want money, they're mean, they never put down the power you want, and you love them to death! :lmao: 

8 minutes ago, trreed said:

I'm pretty sure I don't need anymore tuners.... Unless stacking a wiretap is possible!  4000us stretch!

Just keep em laying around. That's what I do! Unless @Me78569 steals your smarty....

• Like 1