• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tepee Fire

• Owner

Things just got worse. Stage 1 Evacuation notice has been give from Elk Lake Road to Riggins and up the Big Salmon to French Creek. The fire today made a good move to the north and past me now. I've had a visit from Adams County Sheriff informing me of the fire evacuation orders. I'm not sure how big the fire is today being that Inciweb is not updating the map today.

There is not a current perimeter map for the notification notice, the following information will help you understand where the fire is in proximity to your area.

At approximately 6:00 pm it was reported that the fire has spread in a north westerly direction, which includes Big Hazard Lake, Warm Springs Saddle and is currently burning around Patrick Butte and the head waters of the Partridge drainage. It is approximately 8 miles south of the Ruby Rapids on the main Salmon River. Mapping of the fire perimeter is hampered due to erratic winds, low visibility and unsafe conditions.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.2489236,-116.1499921,28283m/data=!3m1!1e3

One dark night outside a small town in Idaho, a fire started inside the local chemical plant and in a blink of an eye it exploded into massive flames. The alarm went out to all the fire departments for miles around.

When the volunteer fire fighters appeared on the scene, the chemical company president rushed to the fire chief and said, "All our secret formulas are in the vault in the center of the plant. They must be saved. I will give $50,000 to the fire department that brings them out intact."

But the roaring flames held the firefighters off.

Soon more fire departments had to be called in as the situation became desperate. As the firemen arrived, the president shouted out that the offer was now $100,000 to the fire department who could bring out the company's secret files.

From the distance, a lone siren was heard as another fire truck came into sight. It was the nearby New Meadows rural township volunteer fire company composed mainly of Michifs. To everyone's amazement, that little run-down fire engine roared right past all the newer sleek engines that were parked outside the plant.

Without even slowing down it drove straight into the middle of the inferno. Outside, the other firemen watched as the Michif old timers jumped off right in the middle of the fire fought it back on all sides. It was a performance and effort never seen before.

Within a short time, the Michif old timers had extinguished the fire and had saved the secret formulas. The grateful chemical company president announced that for such a superhuman feat he was upping the reward to $200,000, and walked over to personally thank each of the brave fire fighters.

The local TV news reporter rushed in to capture the event on film, asking their chief, "What are you going to do with all that money?"

"Well," said Michael Nelson, the 44-year-old fire chief, ". . first ting we're gonna do is fix da brakes on dat damned fire truck!

• Like 3

• Owner

Maybe a little difficult to answer but where do you live in relationship to to the photo? ahead behind left or right?

Straight down. I'm right up behind the house on a old logging road. So if I bailed off on foot and went straight down I would land most likely in the neighbors yard but really close to home. That is why I ran that direction to get a feel for time and movement. I've also went to Riggins, ID tonight for a meeting. Basically in a nutshell it made it to the Salmon River just east of Riggins, ID. USFS is already Evacuating people out of the Salmon River area and I'm just waiting for the tones or phone call to head out again. It was made fairly clear the only way this fire is going out is when winter snow gets here.

This was shot at Riggins, ID as I left the meeting.

post-1-0-97479200-1440643031_thumb.jpg

• Staff

To early in the day when you were up. Later in the afternoon it cleared up really good.

That was later in the afternoon, between 1730 and 1900. 

McCall was clear but as soon as we got near the Seven Devils it got very think and we couldn't make it as far as Whitebird. 

• Like 1

• Owner

I'm alive yet. The fire has now cross the Big Salmon River and still heading north burned about 5-10 acres north of the river. They might get it stopped there but its still spreading east and west yet. Looking at Inciweb they are way behind on updating the fire map and size it much much bigger that they are reporting. :duh::rolleyes:

• Owner

Here is from my adventure yesterday is is blew up and ran into Partridge Creek and continued East and jump the Big Salmon River at about the Manning Bridge. Don't bother with Inciweb its WAY WAY behind and not reporting true size or correct map yet. We were stage at Partridge Creek and The Big Salmon just for location. Still driving my Cummins Water Tender (1983 KW with Cummins Big Cam 400) :cool:

post-1-0-77890900-1440762466_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-56532300-1440762476_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-32576900-1440762486_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-59442300-1440762496_thumb.jpg