• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Winter is coming

Mopar1973Man

here in Flagpole AZ at 7K feet we got about 8" of snow monday. low tonight of -5 "will see" high today was only 23 at my house. yeah winter comes and goes here. next week should be in the 50's.

as for car care. i use Flood's Penatrol. and or DW-50.

the Penatrol is a nice product. i like it so far.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Got about 1-2" last night. 

Looking at the forecast for my mothers for Christmas and it looks like it is going to be hovering right around freezing.......terrible news.

I need to figure out if my wife can handle -20 or -30 before I move her up north.  I would imagine a cold women would be about as happy as a wet cat  hahah

Well it's finally winter here in northern MN. 3" last night and coming down at more than an inch an hour now. 

image.jpeg.e3fca48df8b695fda3d6aa3423563

• Owner

Started snowing here rather good this morning. Everything being recovered in white snow again. Still less than 1-2" inches of snow in my yard. I lost faith in snow coming that I removed the blade from the ATV and the blade is stored under the deck on the other side of the house now. Not even worth shoveling the deck off which typically is a morning and evening routine.

I saw a VW Beetle convertible here in ND a week and a half ago driving around with the top down in 30* temps. In mine if driving around town it is ok to around 50 with a lite jacket or on the open road with heater cranked @ about 60 but gets a bit too uncomfy chilly beyond that without putting on heavier cloths.

Edited by Wild and Free

This past summer I was digging trenches in the middle of the day to run electric lines. My FIL is a master electrician and I'll do grunt work like that for him when he can't use the trencher. This one was extra fun due to all the rocks.

20150721_130525.jpg.9c81294b0c6939e10778

I'm used to the heat and humidity, that's why I HATE cold weather. 

• Owner

I'm on my own now. For the last week and half we've been having brown outs. Basically clumps of snow falling out of the trees into the power lines for a quick off and back on power moments. This time power went out and stayed out. No biggy. Just go into conservation mode. So now it been awhile since the last time I fired up the generator. Sad to say I let the battery go dry and dead. :doh: I know better. So I fought with the pull rope till it fired up. The other thing is the auto-choke doesn't work very well.

So at the moment no city power at all. Still got phone and internet for some time till the exchange station batteries die.

• 1 month later...