• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big Line Kit

:omg:  So you know what the :fuel:  looks like. Your crazy man, I've never had to put more than 34 in mine :lmao:

My scan gauge blocks it and with my hearing I dont hear the chime. But i know my fuel gauge and I reset my trip meter every fill up. The light comes on at 1/8 tank like mike's pic and I have 3 gallons left. I dont push it as much as I used to but I am still guilty of pushing it. 

Fuel sender also going bad too.

Right at the fuel light I've got 10 gallons. At "Empty" mark I've got about 4-5 gallons.

mine was very similar to that when new. I could run 60 or 70 miles after empty, near 140 at the fuel light. All that changed when the dealer installed the in tank pump. Now i get 300 miles out of the first quarter tank and about 450 at half a tank, That last half goes away fast. When the fuel light comes on now I only have 3 gallons left. All by the gauge of course. 

Sounds like metal wire that float is attached to is bent down a bit, which makes it stay at full mark longer, but it would be a lof of work just to bend it. And to test it is as simple as apps or any resistor with ohm meter but I now you guys know that not trying to sound silly.

The only place I see a benefit for a big line is between the OEM filter canister and the IP more so to get the enlarged banjo fittings and to replace the very small metal line. 3/8 from fuel tank to aux transfer pump and on to to OEM filter housing is all that's needed.

The only place I see a benefit for a big line is between the OEM filter canister and the IP more so to get the enlarged banjo fittings and to replace the very small metal line. 3/8 from fuel tank to aux transfer pump and on to to OEM filter housing is all that's needed.

3/8 lines running from the tank to the stock filter assembly.

Stock line from filter to VP.

Pressure drop from idle to WOT is 11psi or more. (21 to 10 or less)

I haven't replaced it because when I put a big boy pump on I'll run all 1/2in lines from tank to VP and use the space from the stock filter to run a breather bottle.

Where are you tapping pressure reading from?

I did 3/8 from tank through inline screen to FASS 150 HPFP "no filters, pump only" from pump to stock filter hsg then larger banjoes at OEM hsg and 1/2 inch from there to IP and had dead even pressure at all times running 155 injectors and an HRVP44. Tapped in the 1/2 inch line between filter and IP.

Reason I am not convinced that 1/2 inch line is needed throughout on our little 5.9L is the engines we run on the mine are 60-70+ litre V16 Cats and Cummins that are burning 70-100 gph @ 1800-2100+ HP @ 1800-2100 RPMs all day long through #8 1/2 inch lines fed through an engine mounted mechanical driven gear pump about the size of a soft ball that has to scavenge its fuel in some cases up 20+ feet.

Sounds like metal wire that float is attached to is bent down a bit, which makes it stay at full mark longer, but it would be a lof of work just to bend it. And to test it is as simple as apps or any resistor with ohm meter but I now you guys know that not trying to sound silly.