• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Site Update & Jobs

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Sorry gang...

I hate delaying the site update but... I've got called out to look at a job last night. After meeting with the owner of the truck and doing some basic diagnostic I had to condemn a CR engine Cummins. For sure got piston damage in one hole. You can hear the loss of compression during cranking. Needless to say after talking awhile I found out he's got 4 trucks in his fleet and looking for a diesel mechanic. He's been hunting around the valley for diesel mechanics and my name was brought up more than once. So I ended up with the job. So I've now got a CR engine to pull out and replace. I've also got a 12V 1995 Dodge to go straighten out after a hotrod shop made a mess out of it in Boise, ID. Then there is 2 other he mention but we agreed that the 95 would be easy to straighten out. So last night I was suppose to pull down the site and do back ups but I was tired after coming in late last night.

So like the notice says it will occur at a drop of the hat. When I get time again I'll shut down the forum and get the backups done and them get the upgrade process going. Since I've got a contract with the software provider and maintenance fees are paid up I might as well let them do the conversion to the new software. 

• Owner

Actually I'm cheating.

File backups are done on server and stored there is well. Then download a copy back here in my free time. As for database I'm using MySQL commands directly on the terminal and then dropping a second copy into a second MySQL database. Then if any problems occur I can just change database names and be back online in seconds. Database is only about 320 MB to download. The files on the other had there is close to 7GB on the site.

During all this I got to update the Apache server, possibly update the PHP software, possibly update the MySQL software, etc. We are behind a bit... :rolleyes:

Some of the reasons for this update in software is a greater demand of mobile users coming to the site. The new software uses the same skin for desktop, tablet, and mobile in one shot. All the functions desktop users have a mobile / smart phone user will have now. The new software meets all current Internet standard like HTML5, CSS3, Schema, etc. Also complies with newer search engine requirements.

I might actually get this started today since I talked to the truck owner and he's towing it home for me. Perfect... So after I get the morning fog out of my head with a few cups of coffee I'll get busy.

• Owner

As for the other Job I've already gone down to Boise, ID and trailered the other truck back to the owners house in New Meadows. Now he's suppose to deliver the truck tomorrow morning here at the house. I get to build him a business quality rig. Lets say the current status of the truck it does start and idle but it will not drive. Just getting the truck loaded on the trailer it died 3 times and barely had the juice to move. Pretty sad really. :rolleyes:

As for the forum I'm going to keep plugging at the forum to get it tuned in and working good.

• Like 1

• Owner

Here is my other project... Posted from Azpen tablet Android

2015-10-18_15.23.08.thumb.jpg.f5b46b54d5

Edit from desktop: Seems that mobile device work really well so far at least Android side. I prompted for the picture and it started my camera app for me. Works good under the Linux realm... Now for the Apple folks to speak up.

Edited by Mopar1973Man