• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

inexpensive borescope

so i have this app called "geek" and it has mostly chinese stuff but a lot of it is good quality nicnac stuff.. i did find a borescope for about $8 that plugs into usb and works like a champ lights and all. then i searched for a 5.5mm borescope and they have them (size we need to get into the cylinder through injector hole).

So i figured id let the community know of where to get a fairly good working borescope for engine inspection for cheap!!!

i w et agead and purchased the one in the pic and will do a write up on it.

Mike if its possible to make this a global post so everyone sees it and can use the info please do!

image.png

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR
  • Like 2

Dang it, I was getting a little excited about this.  Have it strapped to somewhere on the truck, and watch what's happening from in the cab!  My first thoughts were wastegate.

5 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

these caneras have leds on them and they are usb so a tablet or laptop is needed

You can get a micro USB and that will work directly with your phone.

Then software app called CAMERAFI.

Screen for phone then becomes your screen.

Cursious to see some injector/cylinder pivcs from your setup - maybe its better (hope so).