• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

We are all being set up...

Mopar1973Man

First responders are still dying along with anyone in the vicinity of the twin towers when they came down from the toxic dust they created. Again as the story pointed out that was one event that the gov has tried most successfully to sweep under the rug as the narratives imploded on themselves time and again. So not only did the destruction of the buildings and planes kill a lot but the collateral damage is still being tallied in loss of lives from first responders.

• Like 1

Support the NRA.  Support your local Sheriff.  

Take precautions to protect yourself, as police aren't there to defend you, but to arrest criminals. They try, but they can't be everywhere. 

Educate folks kindly, conservatives won't win over all liberals, but anger isn't going to help.  Tell a story.  Facts need a story to carry them and give them a shape. Hate and anger will get us nowhere. 

God chooses the leaders we deserve. There are a lot of great Americans out there.  I'm going to keep doing what I can, and urge you all to do the same. 

• Like 3

Mike, do you recall anything within the past couple years about idaho doing away with conceal permits?

I thought it was on the table but haven't heard anything since then...

Btw, I know this is slightly off topic, but I've been wanting to carry my rifle with Me and store it in the truck. Anyone have ideas about securing it so it won't get stolen if the truck is broken into?

• Like 1

• Owner
55 minutes ago, hex0rz said:

Btw, I know this is slightly off topic, but I've been wanting to carry my rifle with Me and store it in the truck. Anyone have ideas about securing it so it won't get stolen if the truck is broken into?

Like I tell most people. Carrying a weapon is like your seat belt. I know there is days we all just skip the seat belt for that short trip or what not. Now if you have accident you don't get the split second to put on your seat belt. So if you have confrontation without your weapon you not going to tell the attacker "Hey wait a second while I go to my tuck to get my rifle." not going to happen. The only way mine will get stolen is off my dead body.

I just had this conversation on CF about a week ago where a gent wanted to bolt in a pistol box in the truck. Same principal. If you don't have it on you want good is it locked up in the truck? :think:

Like another CF member chimed in and mention that some courthouses and government offices will offer you a lock box for your weapon while on premise.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like I tell most people. Carrying a weapon is like your seat belt. I know there is days we all just skip the seat belt for that short trip or what not. Now if you have accident you don't get the split second to put on your seat belt. So if you have confrontation without your weapon you not going to tell the attacker "Hey wait a second while I go to my tuck to get my rifle." not going to happen. The only way mine will get stolen is off my dead body.

I just had this conversation on CF about a week ago where a gent wanted to bolt in a pistol box in the truck. Same principal. If you don't have it on you want good is it locked up in the truck? :think:

Like another CF member chimed in and mention that some courthouses and government offices will offer you a lock box for your weapon while on premise.

I can see that in some circumstances.  I can't legally carry to or at work.  However, there is legislation pending that could allow me to carry to and from work and leave it in my car.

Edited by CSM
  • Like 1

• Owner

All the typical red tape. :rolleyes:

Like my last few jobs I just brought in with me and put it away with my lunch cooler. Then placed my fire radio on the shop shelf. I'm glad I live where I do. It seems the laws get tighter and more restrictive the more you head east.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Good thing you are moving back to CO.  The car is considered private property and the make my day law applies

Not on Federal property and for those subject to the UCMJ.  

• Like 1

I don't have the ability to bring certain firearms into certain places. Obviously I'm not going to shoulder a rifle in to the store with Me, but I can wear a pistol on the hip for instance.

Needing the rifle in the truck, you never know what you Will encounter while on the road and May need that extra range or power that it offers.

I have a co-worker who takes his at with him everywhere he goes when he's driving his own rig, but it's not secured so if Anyone were to break into his vehicle, they'd make out good.

• Like 1

• Owner

The problem is if the thief just steals the entire truck he'll make out good period. Won't matter how good you secured your weapon its all gone. I've seen guys create custom rifle rack under the back seat. as for securing it and preventing it being stolen. Kiind of tough... If the steal the truck it won't matter. Even if you had a pistol lock box bolted to the floor. Once they steal the vehicle they will have all the time in the world to get what is inside the lock box.

• Like 1

• Owner

Just like the truck that was stolen from just down the road from me. Slim Jim the door it only takes about 15 second to unlock the door. Then about another 30 second screw in a dent puller pop out the key tumbler. Using a large blade screwdriver start and drive the truck. I spent about 3 weeks repairing the damage on the truck that was stolen including the tore up column from the dent puller being used. So as for stealing a truck its really not hard nor is it to just break in.

Yes I do own a Slim Jim and Yes I know how to use it. I've unlocked several Dodge Ram Trucks including my own in usually about 10-15 seconds with a stainless steel Slim Jim.

Jiggle keys is another method and most can open lock in mere seconds and start a truck.

• Like 1

A locked steering wheel is easy to circumvent too. Just yank on it until it breaks loose.

In my troubled youth days, I used to hang out with kids who would steal the Durangos. It's easy to do with the illuminated key ring around the key cylinder. When I bought my dodge I saw that and just cringed...

• Like 1