• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Having Line X Applied to Hood

21 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Thanks Mike. I hoping its not devaluing the truck doing the Line X.

$600 to prep and repaint at a body shop. Half that for Line X

This is why I chose the wrap route. I got he roll of vinyl for cost $250 and the installer is my son and he owes me $$$. The install labor is already paid for. All I need to do is the prep work.

10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Dang, I better learn soon how to post pics.... you guys will want a look and I'll want to hear what you think.

Pictures are stupid easy on this forum.  Just go to the folder that has your picture in it, click and drag the picture into the grey box below where you type that says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files...".  Then it will upload your pic, once done, but your cursor where you want the picture to be, then click the little '+' button on the image and it includes it into your post!

• Like 1

• Staff

''Go to folder that has picture in it'' .... My pictures load into my desktop so how do I have desktop and the forum/ posting up at the same time? I know........ it's got to be so easy that by now you guys are going sheeesh!

• Staff

It's okay bud, your so nice to offer but, I have it scheduled for tomorrow and I really like how the linex comes out shiny. Me and my helper are removing the grill and hood. They said they will do it while we wait. I will post pics as Daniel wants esp. since I'm going to have them spray a finer looking texture and want all to see.

On January 31, 2016 at 6:26 PM, JAG1 said:

My fiberglass camper dripped Gelcoat residue all over the hood of my Black 2nd Gen nd won't come out of the paint. So Off I go to get Line X premium applied. Line X dealer wants me to remove the hood but I'm concerned how to remove the hood and not cause a crease when removing. Do you guys remove the front two bolts off first with a temporary board supporting the hood? I can see it maybe lowering just a bit while unbolting and causing a wrinkle.

Do you loosen all 4 bolts first while supported and then proceed? Thanks a bunch for any thoughts.

How did gel coat get on paint?

• Staff
8 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

How did gel coat get on paint?

I have a northern Lite fiberglass camper that has some very weird gelcoat, that if you don't keep it waxed it oxidizes very easily then rain will drip the gelcoat onto the black painted hood from the cab over. It is strange the way the gelcoat (white) fusses right into the paint (cannot feel any bumps in the surface) and will wax over very shiny only with  big white speckles and drops. Think it has something to do with the way the black paint gets so hot in the sun too.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Too late now  I've been linexed. It's dark outside and cannot get the grill on till tomorrow. So far looks good with no rock chips and fused in gelcoat.

I will get pics posted for everyone interested tomorrow.

12 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Too late now  I've been linexed. It's dark outside and cannot get the grill on till tomorrow. So far looks good with no rock chips and fused in gelcoat.

I will get pics posted for everyone interested tomorrow.

Looking forward to that picture. How hard is it to get that stuff off if you ever need to?

• Staff

You have to peel it. It will come off in one piece but you will be a body builder( muscle bound) by the time you get it done.

I once had to peel Rhino liner off a small 2 ft. square part that they did not so good job on. It was tough. Had Linex redo it and it was great looking..

• Staff
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:36 AM, joecool911 said:

Wax should solve the problem as suggested above.

I tried that even with a buffer and some light compound but it's bedded into the clear coat. So deep into the sirface even after you buff it you cannot feel the spots. It was bad.

New problem... I did something stupid and applied mop and glo to the linex to get a better gleam but it came out blotchy.:mad: I think another coat would get it even but I decided I don't like using the stuff. I think just a simple tire coating would have been best. Just wipe it on sort of thing.

Monday supposed to be nice warm day so will get pics posted.