• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

• Owner
1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Well it hit negative 26 degrees here last night!

I was traveling south for MoparMom's dialysis run and ran through New Meadows, ID at -20*F this morning. 

@Marcus2000monster we are for sure neighbors when it comes to the winter cold. We feel the same nasty bone-chilling cold here. 

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I was traveling south for MoparMom's dialysis run and ran through New Meadows, ID at -20*F this morning. 

@Marcus2000monster we are for sure neighbors when it comes to the winter cold. We feel the same nasty bone-chilling cold here. 

Its the kind of cold that I cant handle lol. If someone was stuck out there they wouldn't last long.

• Owner

For me, anything above 32*F is warm and that jeans and tee shirt weather. Now between 0*F and 32*F is cold requires a good heavy coat. Below zero is plain frigid and dangerous survival at these temperatures is very short if out in the weather. Add wind to that you talking serious life threating problem.

@Marcus2000monster It's all good. We both live in the cold country. That one of the reasons I don't carry a bunch of spare parts in the truck and tools. I carry food, water, blankets, extra clothing, gloves, etc. My own survival is more important than trying to fix the truck. The truck can be towed to safety. As for MoparMom and me, our lives are much more important. 

• Like 2

• Staff

Worse we ever had was minus 5. The wind was howling and it was so cold the most I could take was Quickly filling a wheel barrow with firewood and getting it up to the door. That was with long johns heavy jacket, jeans and hat on. Can't imagine what you guys go thru. I had an outside job, but we all stayed home till daily highs went back to normal averaging 40 for the high.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff

Yeah I know you guys do back east. Don't know how you do it. For years I worked mostly in the rain which is cold when 35-40 in winter. Worked in snow as well but rarely snows out west in the lowlands. The minus 5 was very unusual for us out here.

Worst I ever saw was 25 below actual temp for a little over 2 weeks. Dont remember what the wind chill was. We were building a TGI Fridays up in ggne Pocono mountains. It snowed over 10 feet that winter, breaking wearher records the whole time I was there. My plumber would come by my apartment to jump my truck just to rough in the slab during that couple weeks. Dug the ditches with a jack hammer. I stayed in the office, to darn cold for me.

• Like 2

Digging the ditches for the plumbing was all we got done during that time. We put that Fridays in an existing buiding so our site work was very minimal and waited for spring.

But to answer your question, once the stone pile freezes you dont even get it in the dump truck.

• Like 1